View Single Post
Old 02-12-04, 10:31 AM   #32
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
Gold and Silver is the only true asset your country have, the rest, it's only federal reserve notes, issued after the great crash. Please do tell me where the federal reserve phone number is? in the blue gov page or close to FEDEX in the white pages or in the Private buisness? Federal reserve is not a public bank, it's private.
The Federal Reserve banks are privately owned, but they are controlled by the publically appointed Board of Governors. The Federal Reserve banks execute the monetary policy choices made by the Board. Also foreigners have no ownership at all. Individuals and non bank firms are not permitted by law to own any shares of a Federal Reserve bank. And There are tons of govenment organizations that are private companies. They do this to seperate budgets and allow for certain autonamy. Many local transportation agencies are technically private companies even though they are partially financied by the city, county or state. The Federal Reserve needs seperation from government so that the decisions they make are not politically driven. The monetary policy is controlled by the publically appointed Board of Governors, not by the Federal Reserve banks.

Here are the members of the Board of Goveners, You can do a search of get there phone numbers if you like. Alan Greenspan, Chairman - Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., Vice Chairman - Edward M. Gramlich - Susan Schmidt Bies - Mark W. Olson - Ben S. Bernanke - Donald L. Kohn, here is some more info with the Reserves address in case our ever in the area http://www.federalreserve.gov/ .

Quote:
If I were you, i'd take it all off the market and invest in real currency aka gold and silver. In the end, it was the only currency ever in the old world and the new one. Just a thought. It's real easy to print money one's country doesn't even have, it's the heart of fractionnal banking

Easy to print money one's country doesn't even have??? I think Someone has sold you some ocean front property in Arizona...