View Single Post
Old 04-09-05, 07:04 AM   #11
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Seems to me they could land the president without interrupting air rescue operations, even during a period of crisis, when a good commander is in control of the airspace. There's an other airport in town too, and though it's partially submerged, it might be a better place to fly refugees out of there 'cause it's closest to the most damaged parts of the city.

I would't worry about him too much. Besides, it seems the people want him at ground zero rather than just flying over for a quick peek.
like the last four years, every appearance by the Prez is a scripted, stage-managed, orchestrated show. under normal circumstances, it's to be expected, but in this case, the photo ops have either pre-empted recovery efforts or simply faked them. from a press release issued yesterday by Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu:
Quote:
"But perhaps the greatest disappointment stands at the breached 17th Street levee. Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment."
or if the fake levee repair didn't warm your heart, how about the fake food giveaway?
Quote:
Dutch viewer Frank Tiggelaar writes:

There was a striking dicrepancy between the CNN International report on the Bush visit to the New Orleans disaster zone, yesterday, and reports of the same event by German TV.

ZDF News reported that the president's visit was a completely staged event. Their crew witnessed how the open air food distribution point Bush visited in front of the cameras was torn down immediately after the president and the herd of 'news people' had left and that others which were allegedly being set up were abandoned at the same time.

The people in the area were once again left to fend for themselves, said ZDF.
that's your leader in action - how proud you must be.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote