Thread: Just curious...
View Single Post
Old 27-01-02, 02:58 PM   #2
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default Re: Just curious...

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife
I rarely hear Grokster mentioned in here...everything is Morpheus and, to a lesser extent, Kazaa...

I've used Grokster for months, found it reasonably satisfactory, and since they all search files from the same pool of users, I don't feel like I am missing anything.....

...or am I?
Ahhh, a Grokster user So happy to meet one, FINALLY! I've been wanting to speak to one of you guys for AGES. All my IMs go unanswered from Grokster users

Does Grokster install spyware into your hard drive? Also, Kazaa had a reputation of imposing 128 bitrate limitation which made it impossible to dl any mp3s over 128. I don't know if it still does this or if there's a work around via regedit (like we have to do with Morph sometimes).

So, basically, I'd like to know if Grokster imposes the same 128 bitrate limit as Kazaa does/did and, does Grokster install spyware (cydoor, etc.) or does it rely on pop-up ads or ad windows as their revenue source?

I was an old Music City user and when they dropped all the openNap servers in April and switched to P2P, I went along with it just to see what it was all about. I've been using MusicCity/Morpheus ever since.

I'd never given the Kazaa or Grokster clients a second thought.

I'd be willing to bet that since Grokster isn't as well advertised as Kazaa or Morpheus, that would explain why it isn't as popular .

GR

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote