Thread: cdex help
View Single Post
Old 17-12-01, 03:06 AM   #6
Jader
iniquitous

Say Wha?

Quote:
Originally posted by schmooky007

ps- if you think that low quality drives can do high speed DAE without any sync errors, think again. just try it and see for yourself....... jader

Thanks for the info schmook... here's my drive... maybe it's just me, but I've never been able to get CDex to work efficiently with any of my CD drives. Using MMJB, it's been fast and no detectable clicks or pops, plus I *always* keep my CD's in great condition. Even have the drive on its own IDE cable, set to master... what gives? Soooo sloooooowwww....

Creative Labs CD-ROM Blaster 52x

Rip CDs at 20X maximum rate with AudioAccel™ technology
Compile clear and crisp digital music from favorite CD tracks
Transfer CD-ROM data at up to 7,800KB/second (52X)
AudioAccel Technology for Blazing Ripping Speeds of up to 20X
The time to encode digital audio is affected by the extraction rate of the CD track to the host PC and the encoding software used. The Blaster 52X drive extracts CD tracks at a fast 20X maximum rate, making it possible to create compressed digital audio, such as MP3, WMA or WAV files, in less time than ever before.

Intelligent Control for Quality Ripping
To achieve accurate and clean rip quality, Blaster 52X drive features an Intelligent Control that adjusts the DAE speed to accommodate CDs with slight scratches, fingerprint marks or stains which are common on discs after extended use. This error checking mechanism enables you to produce clear and clean digital audio tracks that sound great - without annoying pops and crackles.
Jader is offline   Reply With Quote