View Single Post
Old 05-09-01, 06:08 AM   #3
zombywoof

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl
Thanks for an interesting update, Jack!

Hitting the million user limit is a great achievement indeed and a good demonstration of the strength of social gravity in the filesharing world. Sure there is much to hope for in the client and in the node visibility but the message is clear: smash a network like Napster down and you'll soon have another one of the same caliber. People are today technically much smarter than they were during the early Napster days. They know how to look for new p2p software and how to organize themselves into new communities in new circumstances.

- tg

I agree TG. I've always felt that people will become smarter in looking for p2p software and organizing. With the current state of napster, it probably got those people who were resigned to paying for the napster subscription service looking for alternatives when they might not have had they settled into a pay program had napster rolled it out sooner. I think napster is way too late now.

I think if or when when napster launches their pay app, it is going to be a more difficult than ever sell to buy into the pay program.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote