View Single Post
Old 22-10-02, 05:25 PM   #4
spstn
No Nonsense Nonsense

Very Angry Arrrrggggggh!!

The first day uploaded around 300 Megs, minus the internal overhead traffic, uploads averaging 16 KiloBYTES total, statistically 8 KB average per individual upload.

Right NOW my uploads tally is ZERO.

I allow 100% allocated upload, 256 KiloBITS/sec, in practice an average of 24 KiloBYTES, more math needed to convert.

The traffic when NO upload/NO download is going on: 10 kiloBYTES average, 14 peak OUTgoing/ 3 kiloBYTES av, 5 pk INcoming.

Soulseek is an overhead traffic demon, my goback log register 50 new entries every minute, indicating every cfg file & everything else updated constantly, which is good, although "too much" of a good IMHO.

In street talk this means the overhead traffic is taking out almost half of my usable real life upload throughput, and I suppose everyone else's in the network, something to suggest to Mr Nir to do something about.

I was offered to upgrade to 139 one minute after installing 138 so I took the plunge, and haven't had the pleasure of using it.

Time to make to Nir some sensible suggestions.

PS: All these statistics with NO other internet activity going on. I wonder about using 2 or 3 p2p progs at the same time.

Last edited by spstn : 01-12-02 at 02:09 AM.
spstn is offline   Reply With Quote