View Single Post
Old 10-10-02, 12:09 PM   #8
SA_Dave
Guardian of the Maturation Chamber

Quote:
Originally posted by catflap
i suppose that 'speedup' is like fasttrack accelerator or dietk download accelerator? so, do i really need speedup if i have dietk?
Speedup is just another name for FTA. If you're happy with dietk's d/l accelerator, then FTA/speedup is probably unnecessary. I prefer FTA because it has more options, which is important to me as a modem user.

Quote:
also, like i said, i've blocked the dietk urls because when i turned on my dietk with grokster, it gave me adware/spyware/cookies which ad-aware identified. so now my grokster browser is blank. is there another place to get dietk downloads/updates?
Ask around on these or the k-lite boards. I can't help you anymore than that because I personally don't use it.

Quote:
i have a hosts file i got from dietk in the past, and now i've downloaded the hosts files from these other links. should i just copy/paste their contents into my hosts file, or can i have more than 1 hosts file with winme, like a 'hosts1' or 'hosts2 file?
You can just c&p, but it's much easier using Hostess. It's very convenient for editing & merging hosts files.

Quote:
i use ptrack. is there any reason why i should use 'dat view' instead?
ptrack is great for profile-switching, but the renaming & viewing features aren't that great. The dat viewer gives you more control ie. it allows you to make backups, compress partial files to save disk-space or even process partial .avi files for previewing.
SA_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote