View Single Post
Old 25-08-02, 06:54 PM   #3
SA_Dave
Guardian of the Maturation Chamber

I agree that it's a good article. It is a bit long though!

If you haven't been keeping up with p2p news, it's the best place to begin. There are many interesting analogies used in the article, and I think it's important that politics & the future plans of M$ are also mentioned. I believe that the only way that the RIAA & MPAA can succeed is if people become too complacent about Microsoft. Many people are naive or think that there's nothing they can do about it. If they don't investigate alternatives en masse, as the article suggests, then it may be too late when they finally do feel the effects of MS's continued violation of anti-trust laws!

Their plans for .NET are alarming enough - they intend to micro-manage the internet, you'll have to pay to access your own data & pay to use their products on a monthly basis! TCPA/Palladium is also very disturbing & is an extension of the .NET plan to dominate the internet & kill open-source (and p2p/cracking) by imbedding drm encryption in the very hardware that makes linux so popular, accessible & cheap! Never mind the fact that windows is based on 10 year-old technology (stolen to begin with) which is full of holes and will continue to be plagued by virii & the likes into the future. And did you read about UCITA, the CDBTPA & Microsoft's private-data-gathering tactics?

That thing about the twelve-pack of cokes had me
SA_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote