View Single Post
Old 21-08-02, 06:35 PM   #6
JackSpratts

"The industry counters that even if fans don't like their buying options, swiping songs isn't justified. 'If I wanted to buy pants and the store will only sell it as part of a suit, I'm not allowed to steal the pants just because I'm [ticked] off,' says the RIAA's Rosen.

Quote:
Originally posted by dead_frog
lol! You gotta hand it to her, that's a good one.

doubly funny (pathetic really). to begin with, if you copy the pants - the store still has them doesn't it? her comment is truly bizarre because most of the studios, movies and record labels were founded by "rag trade" immigrants who ripped off the latest clothing fashions by copying and selling them cheaply to people who couldn't afford the originals - in a practice that continues to this day known as "knockoffs". nobody, and i mean nobody, thinks of that as immoral or illegal, it's the backbone of a healthy multi-billion dollar worldwide fashion industry. if designers tried to uphold "copyrights" on their frocks there'd be blood running down the gutters of seventh avenue. meanwhile, no one on any site i participate in ever advocates selling their d/ls. it just isn't done. she's so off here that rosen should be ashamed of herself. again.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote