View Single Post
Old 04-08-02, 01:25 AM   #7
petriburg

Thanks, Mikerosoft, and to J.S also, for your endorsement of i-Mesh. In fact, I have been running some evaluation on this program for a couple of weeks, and had very mixed results. Sometimes, a search reveals a particular song for which I am looking, but when I add this to my downloads, it will dl a few hundred k/b, and then expire. In some instances, this download would remain static for a couple of days or more (with my computer running fulltime) - a frustrating state of affairs. In other instances, some of the four and five star listings have downloaded in less time than it takes to enter the next song title! The fast downloads illustrate the value of i-mesh, but the slow ones, which up to now have far outweighed them in number, have made me swing more to KaZaa (Diet variety). Obviously, I always select those files which have most stars an thus promise a quick download, but, beggars can't be choosers - if there's a choice of only one, there's no option!
As previously mentioned, the queues in WinMX are getting longer - sitting all evening looking a a screen with every requested dl unchanging is no fun! I've always advocated patience in using p2p, but sometimes that's a commodity which runs pretty short.
I'm glad to see chip from DietKaZaa on the board here - welcome, chip, if you read this. I'll be applying for the lemon version very soon (and hope it isn't one!).
I'm also interested in Filetopia - it sounds promising. Anybody got some more first hand info on this one?
Thanks again, everyone/

"You are old, father William," the young man said,
"And you hair has become very white;
And yet you incessantly stand on you head -
Do you think, at your age, it is right?"
Lewis Carroll.
petriburg is offline   Reply With Quote