Thread: Unwired
View Single Post
Old 01-08-02, 10:36 PM   #7
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Here's their page. On their homepage they boast "speeds up to twice that of DSL." The actual specs are "up to 700/256Kbs/s"

Being not entirely stupid, I did ask if the weather would effect it and was told "absolutely not." I also channelled Dawn and asked specifically if "unlimited today meant unlimited FOREVER," and he assured me it did in fact mean that. (then he twitched, wiggled his nose and sniffed several times)

He also told me that it wouldn't slow down with increased traffic, but told me in the same breath that being very close to it meant my speed would be greater than the norm... these two concepts seem a bit perplexing...

I do not currently have any information about whether it's laser vs. radio.

I do notice a little blurb that might be troubling if it were comprehensible on their support page about telephone connections. (I'll give them a small break for having a ridiculously small amount of information on this page, since it was obviously translated from Greek to Japanese to English and they are a brand spanking new company)

Oh yeah, and the setup and installation fees are all apparently being waived on like an "introductory" plan type thing.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote