Thread: Act Now!
View Single Post
Old 28-07-02, 12:02 AM   #2
JackSpratts

Default Re: Act Now!

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife
This is too much

four words and four links - nice one knife!

on the surface the whole thing looks like a rip off; selling nothing more than rebadges, already free software from what are essentially freeware sites. but when you think about it, it could save a newbie a major amount of time. if i was just starting out today and i didn't know anything about boards and my friends couldn't help me (or were hostile to the p2p concept) i might jump into one of the deals, and i might even think i'd made a good move if these guys actually had some support to go with the apps.

i know could teach filesharing courses to appreciative students because i've been asked to, and make a buck for my time. but even tho i give it away for free because it's my nature to do so, i'm not so sure i'd be immoral if i taught a few for pay.

these guys may be running a sleasy scammy rippoff, but it could be a good move if it was done properly. when we begin to merge people off kazaa in order to insure high file counts for the new program, it will take a concerted effort and no small expense. anything that expidites the move will be a good thing for the community.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote