Napsterite

Default Re: RIAA starts campaign against Grokster users

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl
Napster deja vu?

As reported by Slyck...

...and CD Freaks:

- tg
ungh...scary thoughts....how repugnant grokster has now become...not to mention or coupled by the fact that they(Grokster) recently took over dr.damn' cleanclients.tk url

how long will it be before they go under? (not long is my guess as per the fickle nature of file swappers)

here's a tip:

If you want a wider range of search results then begin your downloads in a cleaned version of kazaa (get more search results this way) then after finding what you want.....transfer your partial .DAT files over to IMESH and get faster download speeds.

~hint~ once the pieces of the .DAT file get reassemble look for you completed file to appear in the original directory in which your download was started.

meaning if you had the download.dat file in C:\program files\kazaa\my shared folder then when your download comletes in IMesh which is some thing like C:\programfiles\internet\download instead of being in the c:\program files\internet\download folder it will be in c:\program files\kazaa\my shared folder directory (where the .dat file was ORIGINALLY located to begin with)

why this tip?

a)you get more search results in KaZaA

b)Grokster is showing themselves to be unscrupulous

c)Imesh is better at speed-wise in finishing your downloads

so you can show your outrage at Grokster by using the above method and counterract the slow download speeds that so many complain of in KaZaA by transferring your partially downloaded .dat files over to your IMESH folder.

hope this has helped someone.

-butterfly_kisses
butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote