View Single Post
Old 08-07-02, 02:21 AM   #5
pod
Bumbling idiot

Default Re: Seen it used it, dumped it

Quote:
Originally posted by Snarkridden
If you (like I) also rip LP's then you need more serious tools anyway, to remove rumble & clicks, so again there is little point, except for the less caring (of quality) and those with no time.
What tools would those be?

As for album wrap... if it just marks up the id3 tag with extended info, well, that's crap. The mp3 stream format provides for all kinds of tags to be inserted anywhere in the file, like, say, a track separator in a single album file! (If you've ever connected to an mp3 radio station you know what I mean, when the title changes with the corresponding track, even though it's just all one big file/stream.) This is what album wrap should be using. But, since people say the file doesn't play at all (or sounds funny), smells like proprietary nonsense to me, and people would be better off not using it, providing instead a full album mp3 file and a cue file, for possible track separation by more advanced mp3 manipulation utilities (and now, burners). Or how about them zip files?

But, I've never downloaded one of these (definitely NOT a fan of full album files) and it would take far too long work and time for me to do so to see what really happens with these files.
pod is offline   Reply With Quote