View Single Post
Old 12-06-02, 10:40 PM   #4
assorted
WAH!

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
file sharing has been and continues to be the killer app for broadband providers. it’s the tail that wags the big pipe dogs. they've got another thing coming if they think their 60 billion dollar investment will get paid off by people who just want the latest flash or their emails uploaded faster.
yep; and that's precisely why they are now reworking their business models around it. they realize now it's how they are going to make serious money.

in this instance i see capitalism and lack of regulation as working out. they will reshape thier model around p2p; sure; but at the same time they will HAVE to keep it affordable.

sadly, they WILL figure out exactly just how much the average user will pay for unlimited bandwidth; and set the price at that. but i don't expect it to be the end of p2p at all; it will more likely end up with broadband pricing dropping to as cheap as $15 a month (with barely any bandwidth) while the price rising for the heavy users to around $60 instead of $40. any other plan they will quickly see will kill their business.