View Single Post
Old 31-05-02, 03:38 PM   #7
jaan

Quote:
Originally posted by Merijn
Anyway, can you post the version changes?
compared to 1.7, not much has changed. however, the changes include increased maximum for search results (now officially 200), and code that attempts to reduce the amount of spam on the network (benjamin files, files from people who have shared out their entire HD, etc.). this also means that the average number of files per user should drop from current 200 to around 130..150 shortly -- further improving searches.

also, re the altnet (which, mind you, is completely different thing than BDE installer/projector): i'm sure i would sound cheesy if i told you that it really does not deserve the terrible publicity it has received. but really: all altnet does is a) fetch a file list from altnet server, and b) based on that list, insert "paid results" into search results list (not unlike paid keywords on google). that said, after the BDE fiasco, i don't blame anyone for being suspicious -- just having programmed a considerble chunk of altnet code, i find it unfortunate that the system is being dragged down by (business) ties to BDE.

- jaan
jaan is offline   Reply With Quote