View Single Post
Old 27-05-02, 05:10 PM   #12
Wanker

Quote:
Originally posted by Harbynger

okay here is the deal in what i find wrong in the above....its been a condition for kazaa to stay on download.com that they must have a better disclosure policy concerning bDE and altnet.
Apparently current explanation is good enough for download.com

Quote:

Here is what i find wrong...Currently with version 1.7 of kazaa (a GREAT, FANTASTIC version by the way) is that BDE is OPTIONAL however what strikes me as violating your privacy is that when you use the kazaa program it defaultly opens to the kazaa homepage where the above scripts check for the prescence of BDE projector on your machine and if your security settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer are not set up to disable the execution of scripts then bDe is installed surreptitiously (which means "without you knowledge") almost automatically.
Geez, care to enlighten us how else to display 3D ads BDE projector is meant to disply? Of course script needs to check if system is capable to display 3D ad and feed it to projector. And for your information, this happends on every other site on the net. Download.com you mentioned earlier uses similar script to check if you have Macromedia Flash installed. It is absolutely standard practice and doesn't violate your privacy in any way

Quote:

For what a CLSID value is search for it on Google for an exampl
As an experienced web application programmer I'm familliar with CLSID URL sceme and in current case it is used to feed ad to the projector.

To me it seems that you don't undersand much about things you are talking about, do you?
Wanker is offline   Reply With Quote