View Single Post
Old 22-05-02, 08:50 AM   #8
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Big Laugh

Hi, jaan and wanker

Quote:
FWIW, i can also confirm that the 1.5-1.8M number is correct (well, within +-10% anyway). the recent 300k-500k numbers have been caused by the new stats system breaking down, in which case the old system (that is only capable of covering a subnet of <500k nodes, however) kicks in.
okay to Wanker...wanker the number of actually users online in that link was a fixed number but the thing that strikes me as intersting is the counter script for how many downloads actually came from download.com can you not see that this is a ploy? and that it has no bearing on how many downloads they really had at all? it is a javascript counter that uses a randomly set variable to increment the counter based on whether or not you've visited that page before.

if you clear your cookies and revisit the page then you get the number reset to zero. My point is this:

If a company will lie...and make you believe they have more downloads then are really going on at download.com how can you believe that any numbers they give you are accurate or the "gospel-truth" so to speak.

Now as to those sites you claim show statistics...how do they "gather" these statistics.....SIMPLE they run the KaZaA program and simply write what it shows them

There is NO WAY that i know of to accurately measure the network unless of course you are an insider with inside information which i am not....however Sharman Networks is an so are the founders and developer's of the technology: Kazaa-BV

aka "the Fasttrack boys"

so sure Jaan if you have a way to do this...please explain it to me in neophyte (Newbie) terms so i can understand it and tell me how exactly it works and why you are so certain its an accurate representation of an actual figure.

thank-you both for commenting.

-Harbynger
butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote