View Single Post
Old 03-05-02, 03:33 PM   #4
Intimidated
Sir Share-a-lot

Lightbulb

Quote:
It does indeed place the dummy CD_clint.dll file in the Kazaa directory but leaves the real CD_clint.dll file in the windows\system directory alone.
Hello, thanks for the link to napsterites Nick! I am the author of the software mentioned. I would just like to mention the above..

I do not overwrite the cydoor DLL with the dummy one in the windows\system directory, because Kazaa is by no means the only piece of software which uses this DLL. The dummy DLL could (in theory) cause problems with other software which the user has installed (I will certainly build the option to overwrite the other one too).

Something which I have not addressed yet is the fact that the Cydoor component isn't just the DLL. It also has many registry entries, which need to be removed also.

I am currently updating the site, and I will add some recognition for the people who made the dummy dll (CEXX i think).

I do advise that even professionals use this software. Sure you can do it yourself, but it's a lot easier / quicker to download my software which will do the same job. It is a bit bugged for the time being, but i'll soon rectify this.

Oh, and what I meant about the Kazaa DLL's is.... If somebody who has an old version of Kazaa installs my patch (which is designed for the latest, lets presume), then usually just upgrading the EXE file (which my package contains) will also upgrade the application. But there is a chance that Kazaa have also updated the DLL's which come with the application, and I have not supplied them.

Thanks for reading!

Intimidated