View Single Post
Old 20-04-02, 01:13 PM   #6
assorted
WAH!

My pet bitches:

WinMX crashes my machine with a blue screen of death every time it quits.

WinMx/Opennap community seems to be the shittiest community when it comes to sharing. Which is pretty ironic as that community always seems to have the most attitude. WinMX/Opennap has the longest lines to the point where I question why I bother to even try the program (and then I close it for another few months).

The latest Gnucleus also causes me a blue screen of death on exit; but otherwise seems exciting in terms of the supernodes. Though I find it easier to grab content using Gnucleus I haven't been thrilled by my search results. My gripe with all other gnutella clients is that they are not Gnucleus (i.e: not open source; for profit ninnies).

My pet bitch with DirectConnect is all those servers that want to ban DC++; a clearly much more stable client. The latest demands that DC++ users double their shares for each server they are on makes much more sense then just banning the client outright. Yeah to smart server owners.

I worship Audiogalaxy and have no bitch. Oh yeah, my bitch is I have to link new people to a "spyware-free" install. But other then that I bow and worship them. I only bother with anything else out of curiousity.

eDonkey proved too much trouble for me as a newbie to it but I might return to it when I want to bother putting in the effort.

Blubster had a great interface and gave me the results I needed; plus I was able to download. I downloaded a little but got frustrated at it's attempts to hash my mp3 collection as it was killing my machine and stalling while hashing. I put it away until a time that I could let it run and hash them all once and I haven't returned since.