Thread: Hate The RIAA?
View Single Post
Old 16-04-02, 10:17 AM   #12
Smoketoomuch
freak

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
*bump*

for those who haven't had the pleasure, the john perry barlow speech at the cato institute that tg mentioned above was excellent and well worth the 18meg d/l or stream. his is a powerfull argument for a free and open internet.

here are the new links:
www.boycott-riaa.com/mp3/barlow.mp3 - 64k audio file
www.boycott-riaa.com/barlow.m3u - 8kBs stream

- js.
Boycott RIAA - one of my favorite websites (its even on my "webpage"'s favorite links). I was just going to ask how to save streaming media in mp3 format, when you posted the above links... (but question still remains: clicked on link of TG, winamp loaded, played the file - how do I save it - Streamripper doesn't work in this case..)

I'm still listening to speech - fascinating. It should be circulated all around, made it more public, having it in written form, whatever... One other thought about boycott RIAA: check out rougues gallery - Know Thy Enemy! there are some interesting thoughts about Hillary Rosen's position in RIAA.

edit>. God, this guy is CLEVER. its so exhilirating even to listen to such clarity of thought (I mean there is even some aesthetic pleasure in listening to him besides the content to which I guess all of us agree).