View Single Post
Old 08-04-02, 03:04 AM   #5
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

After reading JackSpratts' thread named Spyware Deluge I'm realizing a new concern about this BDE issue.

The scary thing is that BDE might get away with this plan they are trying to do....well at least at the very early stages until more users become informed. With Kazaa's forum still down, I'm sure there are still many, many Kazaa users out there that don't know about this BDE issue and haven't even taken any steps in ridding themselves of their files.

I'm talking about users like JS's friend who seems to have taken little steps in "protecting" themselves. (sorry JS for using your friend as an example) It would be great if we could reach all these users and "educate" them on how important it is to clean out their computers. Somehow, I think Kazaa (and to a less extent Morpheus) knew what they were doing by not bringing back their forum. They probably have read forums like here at NU and realize the damage all this information can cause them.

So far I haven't found anything remotely close to BDE on my computer from using Grokster, but after reading pod's link I'm beginning to wonder if FastTrack is really a good choice anymore. I'm continuing to use Grokster because of my website but this may have to change in the future. I guess because of my website I'm going to hold out a little longer and see how this all turns out....I'm hoping that FastTrack might change for the better......
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote