View Single Post
Old 05-03-02, 08:04 PM   #2
dead_frog
Oddball

(Stop me if you've heard any of these, but you haven't mentioned them, so off I go)
The Pixies are an early 90s punk/rock band who influenced lots of other groups. "Where Is My Mind" seems to be their most popular track (on winmx), you may remember it from the finale of Fight Club (when everything's 'ok' )
I like The Stone Roses too, the foundations of britpop mixed with 70s-y music at times.
If you like Green day then it's a short jump to the offspring, maybe you'd prefer some of the earlier smash-era stuff. More punky than the stuff you see on MTV (or the video channel of your choice) nowadays.
The Presidents of the United States of America are (were? I haven't heard of them since their debut, more or less) a nice compromise between pop/rock/punk, check out said self titled debut.
Wire (i have three girl rhumba and it's a funny song - lyrics and it clocks in at around 1m30s)

I got more but I think that's enough for now... if no one else answers I can always come back, don't want to swamp ya

Enjoy New Stuff!
Frog

dead_frog is offline   Reply With Quote