P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   The Music (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New live zep (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=16432)

ONEMANBANNED 24-05-03 10:12 PM

New live zep

anyone get the album yet ? I looking for it and don`t know the album name .:PO: :beer:

napho 25-05-03 03:35 AM

How The West Was Won-3 CDs

http://www.musicspace.com/product.asp?catalog_name=MusicSpace&product_id=MS0421&cookie %5Ftest=1

ONEMANBANNED 25-05-03 09:20 AM

:tu: :beer:

JackSpratts 25-05-03 03:12 PM

nice. i've gotten about 1/2 since i saw this thread. i really like "that's the way".

- js.

ab-NORM-al 26-05-03 02:45 PM

thanks for the "spur" :beer:

got a FANTASTIC version of live No Quarter

not sure that's on the album though :con:

edit: nope it isn't ....hmm, how unfortunate :dir:

JackSpratts 26-05-03 11:14 PM

i finally got the whole thing and it's pretty amazing. i only wish i could've seen them when they were this good. wow.

And here, for history, is the best evidence there is likely to be of just how great Led Zeppelin, on a good night, could be. Here too, for pure listening pleasure, is the thrill of arguably the most influential rock sound of the last 35 years carefully, deliriously arriving at itself.

nyt

- js.

ab-NORM-al 27-05-03 06:23 AM

hey Jack :W:

got it from you last night on SoulSeek :tu: < skippyPB>

napho 27-05-03 08:17 AM

I see the new Metallica live album is out now too. A little sooner than they wanted. :p

http://www.mfnrocks.com/metallica5.html

thinker 27-05-03 11:53 AM

I was listening to several tracks last night (our local classic rock station ran the Premier Radio Networks 2-hour Led Zeppelin Live special), and it was great. I will be buying this one, of course.

JackSpratts 27-05-03 07:09 PM

i would've bought it today i surely would yessirree iffn i didn't hate the gul danng dern ding bing bang ding dong r.effinn i.effin. a.effinn. a a a! ay yup. hey norm! it suren is poplur. sombody by the name a jackspratts has 135 qued u/l's jus fur zep.

- js.

greedy_lars 30-05-03 07:53 PM

umm personally coulden't care less bout zep live, but, when i read this thread it occured to me i might pop in and say...

go into Kazaa lite, or what ever you like better, and do a search for yer desired artist plus the word live, or bootleg. i did it with pink floyd and found not only the bootleg i had and lost( an awsome live version of dark side of the moon live complete with the lords prayer and chickens clucking), but a shitload more, 579 megs of mp3s in fact, all bootleg concert material dateing back to their second or thrid album. weeee. free rocks.

chefws 01-06-03 08:19 PM

No wonder I hang out here with such great people sharing such great information!!!

JackUzi 05-07-03 12:06 PM

There's a live Led Zep concert from the Albert Hall, 1970 on the net. I watched it last night. Now I'm not a Led Zep hata, wrote some of the most memorable riffs ever, John Bonham was a fantastic drummer blah blah and I was interested to see what they were like live. But hell, they were some self-indulgent motherfuckers! I mean this was an early gig, I shudder to think what they were like later on in their career. Jimmy Page playing the guitar with a bow is pure Spinal Tap 'cept 1000x more boring...and Robert Plant! what a pretentious ponce!

theknife 05-07-03 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JackUzi
There's a live Led Zep concert from the Albert Hall, 1970 on the net. I watched it last night. Now I'm not a Led Zep hata, wrote some of the most memorable riffs ever, John Bonham was a fantastic drummer blah blah and I was interested to see what they were like live. But hell, they were some self-indulgent motherfuckers! I mean this was an early gig, I shudder to think what they were like later on in their career. Jimmy Page playing the guitar with a bow is pure Spinal Tap 'cept 1000x more boring...and Robert Plant! what a pretentious ponce!
that's funny - i saw them live in at the Capitol Center in DC back in 1970-something (it was like their last US show before Robert Plant's son got killed) and i can remember thinking the same thing as Bonham was doing a 45 minute drum solo that ran about 43 minutes too long:RE:

thinker 07-07-03 12:27 PM

So you were there either on the 25th, 26th, 28th, or 30th of May, 1977. However, that wasn't the last show before Karac's death. That would be the July 24, 1977 show at the Oakland Coliseum (which started three hours late due to the backstage beating that took place involving Peter Grant and John Bonham the day before).

Curious...what constitutes self-indulgency in any band (not just Led Zeppelin)? I would really like to know what people's views are as far as that is concerned.

JackUzi...what you watched is likely from DVD One of Led Zeppelin DVD. One thing I didn't like about the DVD release, though, was the lack of between song remarks (usualy made by Plant). While I'm not certain if this was more common during later years ('73 on), sometimes they explained some things and could be quite funny.

theflaco 07-07-03 03:45 PM

I have it and EVERYTHING of LZ.

theflaco

theknife 07-07-03 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thinker
So you were there either on the 25th, 26th, 28th, or 30th of May, 1977. However, that wasn't the last show before Karac's death. That would be the July 24, 1977 show at the Oakland Coliseum (which started three hours late due to the backstage beating that took place involving Peter Grant and John Bonham the day before).

Curious...what constitutes self-indulgency in any band (not just Led Zeppelin)? I would really like to know what people's views are as far as that is concerned.

JackUzi...what you watched is likely from DVD One of Led Zeppelin DVD. One thing I didn't like about the DVD release, though, was the lack of between song remarks (usualy made by Plant). While I'm not certain if this was more common during later years ('73 on), sometimes they explained some things and could be quite funny.

yup, May of '77 would be about right - i was a senior in high school...

seems like self-indulgence occurs when bands get the attitude that they've transcended the music and have become the main attraction....and pretty much anything they do onstage is gonna fly with the audience coz they're the ones doing it...

sith 01-08-03 09:10 AM

yeah i got it, its awesome