P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Hou much do you Up/Down load? (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=11411)

StereoDeluxe 26-05-02 08:39 PM

Hou much do you Up/Down load?

I just checked ISPs user page,

last billing period:
Up: 10.3GB Down: 8.5GB
Over Plan Limit: 8.8GB
Total Bandwidth Activity Cost: $ 69.95 (CDN) :eke:

Dawn 26-05-02 08:47 PM

You'll have to tell me in blonde language how I find that if you want to know. ;)

miss_silver 26-05-02 09:01 PM

Re: Hou much do you Up/Down load?

Quote:

Originally posted by StereoDeluxe
I just checked ISPs user page,

last billing period:
Up: 10.3GB Down: 8.5GB
Over Plan Limit: 8.8GB
Total Bandwidth Activity Cost: $ 69.95 (CDN) :eke:

Ouch Spanking!

Know the feeling, Sympatico high speed just raised from 40$ to 45$ a month plus upload/download limit...5gig up/5gig down... extra gig up/down is 8$ extra... What service are you with Hal?

StereoDeluxe 26-05-02 09:14 PM

Helloooo miss_silver

longtimenosee :)

edit: I was excited, forgot to answer your question... Sympatico.

StereoDeluxe 26-05-02 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dawn
You'll have to tell me in blonde language how I find that if you want to know. ;)
Probably you can't tell on your computer... If your ISP has transfer limit (how much you can up/down load per month), visit ISP's user service page where you can see billings, usage, email account setup etc.

miss_silver 26-05-02 09:29 PM

You're so sweet

Quote:

Originally posted by StereoDeluxe
Helloooo miss_silver

longtimenosee :)

edit: I was excited, forgot to answer your question... Sympatico.

Thanks StereoDeluxe. BTW, what's up with the smilies, can't get anyone of em to work??? Anyway, Just passing by 'wink' Take Care :o)

thinker 26-05-02 09:48 PM

Download - whatever I can get w/o disconnections.
Upload - whatever they can get without disconnections.

(Dial-up, so you know it can't be too much. :D )

pod 27-05-02 11:01 AM

Quote:

I use DUMeter on all my machines (http://www.dumeter.com/). It has a reporting feature that breaks down the numbers by day/week/month. My numbers are... hmm, interesting :SDE:

schmooky007 27-05-02 01:34 PM

i would estimate this month between 8 and 10 GB down, 2 GB up

goldie 27-05-02 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thinker
Download - whatever I can get w/o disconnections.
Upload - whatever they can get without disconnections.

(Dial-up, so you know it can't be too much. :D )

Yup.

JackSpratts 27-05-02 07:50 PM

downloads (separate files) range from 350/day to zero. lately i've d/l'd maybe 5 songs a day for the past two or three weeks avg. just haven't had that DL desire...

but uploads are different. if i'm online and running a p2p or three, u/l's then will always be around 100/day. to translate that into gigs you're talking maybe .375 up/day or 11.5GB/mo.

and btw, my first two p2ps picks now are grok and ag.

- js.

theknife 27-05-02 08:33 PM

my downloads are pretty slim anymore..the biggest problem isn't where to download, but what to download.

and on the upload side...well, i think i have some pretty good stuff to offer, but it seems my 11 year-old's Dragon Ball Z episodes are the most popular files I have *sigh*:uu:

Merijn 30-05-02 01:01 PM

About 1,5 GB down per day (yes, DAY), and upload.... dunno exactly. How much is 200 k/s from 9 to 5? :)

imoron 30-05-02 03:59 PM

Today's upload/download session looks to be around 3778mb/250mb . My big question is why I never have a day when it's the other way around.

spstn 30-05-02 08:06 PM

Using Bellsouth ADSL here, no up/down restrictions (almost four months w/o disconnections !), & with a good conn on the other side I can get up to 1 Mb every 10 secs. I have the option of Charter Cable also, but considering $/Mbits, Ma Bell is a hands down winner.

How much I download I feel a little bit ashamed to say, but to give you an idea, I left kazaadebug log running by omission (posted in another thread here) for 10 days & it got up to 300+ MB, 8000+ entries !. But that's not the "shameful" part, because I downloaded 5-10 times that much from AG. So, in a nutshell, if I'm lucky I'm going to filesharing Purgatory, if not, is gonna be Hell all the way (lol & rofl) !!!.

I also agree with Js & theknife that's getting difficult to find what to download & not doing it just for the sake of it. I miss a site or a search engine that could tell me who is sharing what & when, & I mean GLOBAL indexed (filesharing Yellow Pages ?) info & not isolated packets of servers here & there.
I'd be willing to post what I have available (ie: LOTS of difficult to find music), what program I'd be using, & hours I'd be up online. This way the filesharing traffic would re-direct itself making life easier for everyone involved.

Yep, I know, dream on...

Dawn 31-05-02 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by pod

I use DUMeter on all my machines (http://www.dumeter.com/). It has a reporting feature that breaks down the numbers by day/week/month. My numbers are... hmm, interesting :SDE:

I can only imagine what mine will say for the month ;)

pod 31-05-02 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I can only imagine what mine will say for the month ;)

I dare anyone to beat this!

twinspan 31-05-02 04:08 PM

@pod

What the - ? Who the - ? How the f- ?

Are those, what, terabytes uploaded in Nov & Dec 2001?

pod 31-05-02 06:13 PM

Yup, them be terabytes. I was doing some warez for a while there. :a:

StereoDeluxe 31-05-02 06:36 PM

How much do you you pay? Who is ISP?... wow.