P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Are you gonna cheat? (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=13349)

napho 25-09-02 02:18 AM

Are you gonna cheat?

The latest version of Kazaa gives participation points if you upload alot. That allows you to download without waiting in a queue. It's easy to circumvent this simply by uploading to yourself; are you going to?

BuzzB2K 25-09-02 04:01 AM

Re: Are you gonna cheat?

I'm a Pirate not a Cheat... No I would never download to myself... :N:

JackSpratts 25-09-02 09:48 AM

good for you buzz! but you'll be one of the few skilled users that doesn't. this ill thought participation scheme will work against its own intent. that much is obvious. what's a little surprising is how fast it's happened. if kazaa isn't careful they could wind up like winmx with everyone in endless queues except the crooks.

- js.

[Dark] 25-09-02 12:02 PM

nice buzz, i got the cheater from unitethecows too ;)

pod 25-09-02 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JackSpratts
if kazaa isn't careful they could wind up like winmx with everyone in endless queues except the crooks.
Wanna elaborate on that last point?

Intimidated 25-09-02 05:51 PM

UTC cheat?

LoL, i see you guys found my tool. Heh, brought to you by the same guy who brought you rebound....

Please, if you're gonna link to it, link to the thread on UTC not directly to the file!!! Thanks.

Int.

BuzzB2K 25-09-02 06:58 PM

Re: UTC cheat?

Quote:

Originally posted by Intimidated
LoL, i see you guys found my tool. Heh, brought to you by the same guy who brought you rebound....

Please, if you're gonna link to it, link to the thread on UTC not directly to the file!!! Thanks.

Int.

Intimidated - You got it... You may want to drop by DKchips DietK site, That was where I found the link... Or on second thought I might just drop by and mention it...

Jack - Did you miss the link in the middle of my post :PO: :ND:

JackSpratts 25-09-02 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pod

Wanna elaborate on that last point?

automated leech controls are ripe for abuse by savvy leeches. honest sharers with neither the time nor the inclination to hack their way to the head of the queue can find themselves falling farther and farther behind and getting more and more frustrated about it. at some point they ditch the client or use it as a last resort, like so many now do with winmx and it's seemingly endless queues.

this would be unfortunate for fasttrack because of the major networks its waits are the shortest and that excellent reputation, while so hard to build is also so easy to lose.

- js.

BuzzB2K 26-09-02 02:54 AM

To use Intimidateds' tool you need to do two things.

Enable sharing or it won't work.

Increase your bandwidth to unlimited.

Not exactly common settings for a leech...

JediForce77 26-09-02 02:57 PM

You also need the Visual Basic (VB) 6.0
Kazaa 2.0 "Participation" hack tool Go there and click on the link "Run Time Files." That will be in the first post by Intimidated.
It allowed me to use it correctly.

Intimidated 03-10-02 04:52 PM

New Version

There is a new version of the Kazaa Cheater.

It's available from UniteTheCows.com right now. (check the large dark red writing directing you to it!)

Mowzer 04-10-02 01:27 PM

The best thing about this new tool is....

...it can be uninstalled.

If your not a leech and never were there is no need for this kinda bloatware.

multi 05-10-02 02:52 AM

i had a shot of the new version of this hack
I had to install kazza 2 first...
and i was a "guru" in no time :) soon to become
a "deity"
hehe

though i would say my use of kazza at the most 2-3 times a month will hardly qualify me as a leech...

Moist_Funny_Head 06-10-02 08:38 PM

I found the rating system to be a total crock of shit. Even sharing with unlimited bandwidth, the rating went down significantly overnight. If people don't download from you then you don't increase your rating. I'm not going to disadvantage myself just because (A) I don't have unlimited bandwidth to share and (B) I don't have that many uploads. This rating system will be/already is a waste of time. Pretty soon everyone will be on 1000 points so it will be as though everyone is on zero again (being on even ground).

assorted 07-10-02 12:05 PM

there's no need for this kind of silly system anyway. kazaa had barely any que lines before this and now i find myself getting queued more and more.

ratios kill communities. that's the way it's always been and always will be.

and yes, i'm going to boost myself to 1,000 because the system is inherently flawed.

zombywoof 07-10-02 12:53 PM

Kazaa created this system, so yeah, I'll use it to get to the front of the line with the other 'supreme beings'.

Hey, this is what happens when a system gets implemented with some sort of leach control, karma, points or whatever you want to call it. They should have never gone this route.

twinspan 09-10-02 08:53 AM

i still haven't encountered anyone with very high points, and the vast majority are on 0. If there are cheats out there, they don't seem to have muscled their way into my upload slots. ;)

i bounce around between High and Guru, playing it perfectly straight, and get good speeds; so the Ratings and Cheat don't seem to have done anything egregious to the network as I experience it.

colinmacc 09-10-02 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by twinspan

i still haven't encountered anyone with very high points, and the vast majority are on 0. If there are cheats out there, they don't seem to have muscled their way into my upload slots. ;)

I think the majority of people are yet to upgrade to version 2, which is why they are on (0). Also Grokster and IMesh users will be on (0) too.

The participation level has yet to make any sort of a difference to the network, good or bad.

Drakonix 09-10-02 10:18 AM

:rofl:
I just installed Kazaa Lite 2, and decided to see what the "helper" would do. (I d/l both from www.k-lite.tk)

I went from 0 to 1000 in less than 1 minute. That's the fastest promotion I ever got, slimeball to "Supreme Being" in less than a minute.

Don't know if I will continue to use it or not.

I agree that P2P users (who can) should share. If no one shared, the system could not work. There are those that can not share due to corporate firewalls.

Merely sharing does not not increase your "points", folks have to download from you. This seems to encourage sharing (more) popular files. However, when more share the same file the chance that someone will download it from you goes down.

The system is not very well thought out, unless the client plus the cheater is just a way to edge out other (non-Kazaa) clients.

WilliamdeWorde 16-10-02 09:55 AM

share and share alike..