P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   The Music (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   VH1 Diva Las Vegas (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=11380)

Bronxie 24-05-02 07:03 PM

VH1 Diva Las Vegas

What a piece of crap... Did anyone else watch? :spin:

Jader 24-05-02 07:18 PM

Re: VH1 Diva Las Vegas

Quote:

Originally posted by Bronxie
What a piece of crap... Did anyone else watch? :spin:
I would only watch it through a scope...

theknife 24-05-02 09:59 PM

maybe it's just me, but the term "diva" has negative connotations ...it implies some pampered, spoiled, snotty, demanding female singer. if i knew of that show (which i didn't) i'd avoid it on general prinicipals.:no:

BuzzB2K 24-05-02 10:40 PM

Diva = prima donna

Quote:

Originally posted by theknife
maybe it's just me, but the term "diva" has negative connotations ...it implies some pampered, spoiled, snotty, demanding female singer. if i knew of that show (which i didn't) i'd avoid it on general prinicipals.:no:
Pretty Good definition. :tu:

Quote:

Diva

\Di"va\ (d[=e]"v[.a]), n.; It. pl. Dive (d[=e]"v[=a]). [It., prop. fem. of divo divine, L. divus.] A prima donna.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

di·va Pronunciation Key (dv)
n. pl. di·vas or di·ve (-v) [list=1][*]An operatic prima donna. [*]A very successful singer of nonoperatic music: a jazz diva.[/list=1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Italian, from Latin dva, goddess, feminine of dvus, god. See dyeu- in Indo-European Roots.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

prima donna

\Pri"ma don"na\; pl. E. Prima donnas, It. {Prime Donne . [It., fr. primo, prima, the first + donna lady, mistress. See Prime, a., and Donna.] The first or chief female singer in an opera.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

pri·ma donna Pronunciation Key (prm, prm)
n. [list=1][*]The leading woman soloist in an opera company.[*]A temperamental, conceited person. [/list=1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Italian : prima, feminine of primo, first + donna, lady.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Bronxie 25-05-02 08:13 AM

I have never been into the whole VH1 Divas thing. And since when are the Dixie Chicks divas? :dz:

BuzzB2K 25-05-02 09:30 AM

Quote:

I have never been into the whole VH1 Divas thing. And since when are the Dixie Chicks divas? :dz:
I guess they would fall under the second definition of Diva
  • A very successful singer of nonoperatic music: a jazz diva.

Bronxie 25-05-02 02:19 PM

and what made Cher think she could dress up like Elvis to prance and sing around the stage.... pfft. :sus:

BuzzB2K 25-05-02 04:33 PM

Quote:

and what made Cher think she could dress up like Elvis to prance and sing around the stage.... pfft. :sus:
OMG - I'm sorry I missed it now :N: