P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Case Of The Disappearing FastTrack Users (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=11144)

napho 15-05-02 03:46 AM

The Case Of The Disappearing FastTrack Users

1 Attachment(s)
The numbers are WAY down at FastTrack. Could be WinMX 3.1 or maybe a new way to measure users more accurately. Has WinMX gotten you excited enough to switch?

BuzzB2K 15-05-02 03:59 AM

I posted this at FastTrack Central about 4 hours ago...
Quote:

I usually use Grokster, but also have KaZaA Lite installed... About an hour ago (2:00 AM EST) I logged on after reading the following message at Zeropaid:
Quote:

News: FastTrack Use up 70% in 2 months
melvin_smiley
File Sharing Newbie

Dont look now but its down 70%! hot damn lets pray for the end to be quick and spare us the pain in the ass of sharman networks trying to f*ck the file sharing people of the world! but really dows anyone know whuts going on at kazaa? the users are dropping like flies. sumthings up foe sho!!!
When I got on I showed only 397K users... I tried Grokster just before posting here and it shows 417K users...

I also just checked out DSLReports and there is a similar thread going over there...
Kazaa users less than 400K? what the?!

:smokin Buzz
Further speculation follows... something strange ?

Spikologia 15-05-02 06:54 AM

Just posted a thread on Zeropaid, then I found the other one, and the one here. So it's not just me.
It's nearly impossible that ~1.3 million users turned over to the new WinMX or any other network over night.
Two possible speculations of mine:

BDE's Altnet is now turned on. People chose, or were forced to, stop using KaZaA in order to use Altnet.

-or-

Just a hiccup at KaZaA's servers - made us see the # of users on iMesh (there must be such a variable on their servers - as this is what you see when using iMesh) instead of the complete # of FastTrack users.

Maybe Slyck.com will update their P2P statistics soon - so we can get a better picture of what's going on. Any other similiar, more updated, statistics website anyone knows of?

JackSpratts 15-05-02 07:29 AM

Grokster (washed): 414451users/78878k flies @ 9:30am eastern us. way

down.

- js.

dead_frog 15-05-02 11:08 AM

well wherever they were they're back now..

BuzzB2K 15-05-02 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spikologia
Just a hiccup at KaZaA's servers - made us see the # of users on iMesh (there must be such a variable on their servers - as this is what you see when using iMesh) instead of the complete # of FastTrack users.

Maybe Slyck.com will update their P2P statistics soon - so we can get a better picture of what's going on. Any other similiar, more updated, statistics website anyone knows of?

I tried iMesh last night as well as K-Lite and Grokster...

iMesh showed around 138K so whatever was going on was affecting it as well... :PO: