P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Political Asylum (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Republicans are against voting (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=24657)

malvachat 25-09-08 02:16 AM

Republicans are against voting

I came across this posting elsewhere and thought it might be interesting.
I'd be interested in peoples comments or excuses or reasons.

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20081006/dreier
Quote:
Only in the last week has McCain changed his tune. He's endorsed the Bush plan to bail out Wall Street firms that engaged in risky, irresponsible behaviour, instead of supporting government help for millions of troubled home-owners.

Many of those home-owners live in Michigan, where the economy is in free-fall--the direct result of Bush's misguided economic policies that McCain has consistently endorsed. In the last year, Michigan's jobless rate has jumped from 7.2 percent to 8.9 percent--the nation's highest. Michigan had the highest foreclosure rate in the the nation and economists expect it to get even worse as the state sheds more and more jobs. So far this year, 95,272 Michigan residents have received foreclosure notices--13,605 in August alone, according to RealtyTrac.

So, to rub salt in these wounds, the Michigan GOP hatched a plan to take away the votes of people who've lost their homes. As reported in the Michigan Messenger, Republicans intended to use foreclosure lists to challenge voters at the polls. In a conference call with reporters, Mark Brewer, chairman of the Michigan Democratic Party, said that the McCain campaign "wants to add insult to injury by denying those residents their right to vote."

Bob Bauer, general counsel for the Obama campaign, called the GOP plan "a new and especially repellent version of caging." (Caging is a technique used to challenge voters by taking a list of addresses, mailing letters to them marked "do not forward" and then claiming that those voters whose letters were returned no longer live at the addresses at which they are registered and thus are ineligible to vote.)

Said Bauer: "It is an absolute attack on their right to vote," and a "completely false and completely illegal basis" to challenge votes. He explained that getting a foreclosure notice is not evidence that the person's address has changed. In Michigan, home-owners have the opportunity to redeem the foreclosure even after a sheriff's sale has occurred, permitting them to remain in the house for several months after a foreclosure notice has been sent. In addition, Michigan law allows people vote at their old precinct if they lost their home within sixty days of the election.

Bauer told the Wall Street Journal that the Michigan suit against the Republicans was meant to send a message to Democrats around the country to be on guard against voter-suppression tactics. "This can't be just an isolated event," he said. Republicans use these tactics "where they expect the vote to go to the other side. They're not caging in Beverly Hills. By filing the suit, we are assuring people they can be allowed to vote."

Basically if you lost your house in Michigan do Republican failure at government they don't want you to vote. The America I was raised in prides it's self on it's votes. The America I believe in would call folks like these Republicans traitors. If you're Republican let these folks know they don't represent you. Clean up your dang party.

Last presidential election I spent weeks trying to get my grandfather to vote. He thought it was a wast of time but finally did and ended up voting for Bush. I took that as a victory because the vote is more important then any one President.

Now I learn Thanks to Republicans may vote may not be counted see:

http://airamerica.com/ringoffire/blo...your-vote-safe
Quote:
Bobby: “There are about 30 scams the republicans are deliberately using, particularly in the swing states to get democratic voters off the rolls. These scams originate in the so-called Help America Vote Act which was passed after the Florida debacle in the year 2000. It was originally suggested by democrats and republicans but it was passed by a republican congress with a republican senate and a republican president. And instead of reforming what happened in Florida it basically institutionalized all the problems that happened in Florida. And institutionalized a series of impediments that make it very difficult for democrats to register, for democrats to vote and then for democrats to have their vote counted.

“One of these requirements under HAVA is called “the perfect match” and what that does is little known but it is devastating. A quarter of the voters in Colorado have just been removed from the rolls because of this--just this one scam. And what it does is they use a computer system to compare your registration application to all other government records of you in the state. So they’ll look at your social security records, your motor vehicle records and any time you’ve had any interaction with the government and if there is any information on your voter registration that is different than the information on another government record that they find they remove you from the voting rolls.

“For example, if I registered as Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and yet my motor vehicle license said Robert Frances Kennedy Jr. I’d be removed from the rolls. If your initial is different, if you leave an initial out, if you leave a “Jr.” out, if you leave a hyphen out in your name. And what they’ve done is a study in New York that said 80% of the errors are errors that were done by state clerks who are taking down this information. And particularly immigrant communities that people tend to vote democratic, people have names…spell Muhammad with an “o” instead of a “u”

It seems to me,if all this is true?
Every dirty trick in the book is being tried.

----------------
Listening to: Morrissey - America is Not the World
via FoxyTunes

jcmd62 25-09-08 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malvachat (Post 263243)

It seems to me,if all this is true?

"IF" ..........once again being the most important word of your useless whiny worthless posts only continues to confirm that you really need to pull your fat british uninformed and easily influenced head out of your smug pompous ass.

Nicobie 25-09-08 08:03 PM

siliboi

Beer is not just for X-mas.:AP: :AP: :AP:

MALVA, MALVA, malva ~~~~~~~~ :pirc:

:BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX: :BRONX:

:AP:

I swear, these 'smilies' will be the death of me yet.

malvachat 26-09-08 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmd62 (Post 263247)
"IF" ..........once again being the most important word of your useless whiny worthless posts only continues to confirm that you really need to pull your fat british uninformed and easily influenced head out of your smug pompous ass.

So you think it's not true then??
Oh Nicky baby,the things you do for love.
:KA::bdance: :PE: :PIR: :pflag:

----------------
Listening to: Morrissey - Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me (Live)
via FoxyTunes

multi 26-09-08 05:49 AM

Quote:

Every dirty trick in the book is being tried.
of course they are.. ffs, is it true?
what do you mean if it is true?

http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/...ad.php?t=24630

It's the same under-handed tactics that the 2000 election was corrupted by and everyone since.

JC you are the master of the whiny worthless post.. don't even hint that maybe it isn't happening you repetitive prick.

Now I have stopped bothering to read idiots like Nic , it is starting to become a lot clearer what a fucking useless jerk you are.

give it your best shot loser.. you can only berate people with your usual pathetic moaning.

how about some info on why it isn't happening.

malvachat 27-09-08 02:30 AM

The reason I ask if it's true is easy to explain.It's a little tongue in cheek,coz I'm still waiting for the list of credible sources.
As to the name calling,I don't know why you take the bait?
It's an old,old trick,attack the messenger.
Then the message is forgotten.

Please don't call Nic an idiot.
I try to think of him like Pinocchio,you know that sweet little wooden Disney character.
I wish I had a smiley just like it.
Nic lend me one of yours,you have so many.
I can just see you dancing to this.
Yes it is Italian coz I know how you like opera so much.Or is it Oprah?:to3: :to3: :to3:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6s3Zxm6LytA

----------------
Listening to: Disney - Pinocchio - I've Got No Strings
via FoxyTunes

jcmd62 27-09-08 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malvachat (Post 263256)
So you think it's not true then??

Whether I think it is true or not is a moot point since you admit in your own pointless post that you have no evidence whatsoevr that this story is any more than the usual unsubstantiated internet rhetoric.

As usual you only post it because you want desperately to believe that it is, even though I don't know why you give 2 shits since your the Queen Mums bitch.

So its quite obvious that you post any piece of internet bullshit if it even barely agrees with your twisted views on the the US.

Điego 27-09-08 04:00 PM

It is true. The Republicans are doing many things to disenfranchise voters, going so far as to send out absentee voter ballots with the wrong address on them, challenging anyone with the slightest difference in detail at the voting station, removing voters by sending out Do Not Forward - Return To Sender notices and removing people who have lost their homes due to foreclosure. It's called voter caging. They know every trick in the book.

To a Republican, voting is like going to college or getting a good job: only for them and theirs.

Đ :S:

jcmd62 27-09-08 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Điego (Post 263272)
It is true.

Because the dope smokin stoner says so?

Apperently based on your logic I fuked Snow White last night right after DOPEY!

multi 27-09-08 07:49 PM

if you are so bloody clear headed why can't you come up with something better than that?

because the debate has nothing to with people smoking or drinking.. neither did any of the other threads on this election.

Like the actual politicians the Republican suckups have nothing but tirades of insults and character assasination to offer any argument.. little wonder people like Mazer and DD that actually have a bit of intelligence have decided to stay out of it. Though I would much prefer something from them.

Wannabe repetitive headkickers like you and albed are getting old pretty quick.

basically...
give us something to do with the subject or stfu.

malvachat 28-09-08 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmd62 (Post 263270)
your twisted views on the the US.[/b][/color]

Please tell me what they are then,oh great and knowledgeable one.:sarc:

----------------
Listening to: Morrissey - The More You Ignore Me, the Closer I Get
via FoxyTunes

Nicobie 30-09-08 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Điego (Post 263272)
It is true. The Republicans are doing many things to disenfranchise voters, going so far as to send out absentee voter ballots with the wrong address on them, challenging anyone with the slightest difference in detail at the voting station, removing voters by sending out Do Not Forward - Return To Sender notices and removing people who have lost their homes due to foreclosure. It's called voter caging. They know every trick in the book.

To a Republican, voting is like going to college or getting a good job: only for them and theirs.

U are officially now full of SHIT.

Do you even have the faintest idea how lame U sound?

I'd like you to prove in a court of law 10% of what you sprew.

U are turning into a bigger blowhard daily.

Why not run for alderman/lepercan in Ire ....

Hahahahahahahaa U dillweed.

multi 09-10-08 01:44 PM

exploiting every loophole

States’ Actions to Block Voters Appear Illegal
Tens of thousands of eligible voters in at least six swing states have been removed from the rolls or have been blocked from registering in ways that appear to violate federal law, according to a review of state records and Social Security data by The New York Times.

The actions do not seem to be coordinated by one party or the other, nor do they appear to be the result of election officials intentionally breaking rules, but are apparently the result of mistakes in the handling of the registrations and voter files as the states tried to comply with a 2002 federal law, intended to overhaul the way elections are run.

Still, because Democrats have been more aggressive at registering new voters this year, according to state election officials, any heightened screening of new applications may affect their party’s supporters disproportionately. The screening or trimming of voter registration lists in the six states — Colorado, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Nevada and North Carolina — could also result in problems at the polls on Election Day: people who have been removed from the rolls are likely to show up only to be challenged by political party officials or election workers, resulting in confusion, long lines and heated tempers.

Some states allow such voters to cast provisional ballots. But they are often not counted because they require added verification.

Although much attention this year has been focused on the millions of new voters being added to the rolls by the candidacy of Senator Barack Obama, there has been far less notice given to the number of voters being dropped from those same rolls.

...more

All you need now is some thugs at the election queue's and it will be a mugabe party :BL:

Nicobie 09-10-08 06:10 PM

I feel kind of sick doing the copy/paste BS like U do....

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp...5&nav=15MUCBSd

This is a democrap thing...

Điego 09-10-08 06:45 PM

Quote:

Republicans v ACORN has become a perennial early October antagonism, and tensions this year are particularly acute, with Republicans from the McCain campaign all the way down to House Republicans accusing the left-leaning community organizing group of a national conspiracy to flood secretaries of state with fraudulent voter registrations.

It's true, as Ben Smith notes, that Bugs Bunny and other imaginary voters can't imaginably show up at polling precincts and vote, but Republican complaints, to the extent that they are legitimate, are different. It's the rush of voter registrations at the end of the cycle, a rush which leaves election supervisors in the untenable position of having to very quickly decide whether applications are valid or not. Often, bad applications get through. Critics of ACORN wonder: why are fraudulent applications submitted in the first place? It's the system; you pay people to turn in as many voter registration cards as possible, you invite people who want more money to submit false forms. Critics also wonder: why aren't more people -- read the media -- covering this? After all, incidences of fraud are rampant, with official investigations launched in 12 states. Now -- "rampant" might not be the best adjective. Voter registration cards aren't the property of ACORN or any other group, and ACORN is required by law to turn in every completed form -- even if they're obviously fraudulent. ACORN insists it has procedures in place to flag these forms, but you can't blame supervisors of elections from throwing up their hands when they come in.

Even some Democratic groups are wary, not because they think ACORN's doing bad work, but because the sheer size of ACORN's operation lends itself to individuals who can easily game the system, and because the focus on ACORN increases the scrutiny of their own work. It's clear that there's extraordinary interest in this election, and huge amounts of new voters are entering the system, and, sorry Republicans, they're not...Republicans. These October protests seem like a logical place for conservative activists to hold and nurture their grievances about the political environment. Call it galling, for example, that ACORN's voter reg. projects are nominally non-partisan, when, in point of fact, the places they go and the things they do seem to help Democrats disproportionately. Galling, but conservative groups can set up voter reg. organizations like this if they want.

After the jump, read an internal memo from ACORN's directors, Bertha Lewis and Steve Kest, to its political allies, where the claim that ACORN has become a right-wing bogeyman is advanced.
Get informed.

Nicobie 13-10-08 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Điego (Post 263394)
Get informed.

Yes, I'd advise U to do that.

As normal, you have your head tight up inside U're arse.

:BANIT: :BANIT: :bcow: :bcow: :bdance: :bdance:

:scared:

malvachat 14-10-08 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicobie (Post 263428)
Yes, I'd advise U to do that.

As normal, you have your head tight up inside U're arse.

:BANIT: :BANIT: :bcow: :bcow: :bdance: :bdance:

:scared:

I thinks elections bring out the worst in you Nic.
Say Three Hail Marys and go to the corner for an hour.:PIR:

JackSpratts 14-10-08 06:43 AM

nic isn't political so he's not offering ideas or solutions. he simply will not tolerate criticism of the united states, especially from furinerz. remember poor miss_silver? she learned the hard way. but it's nothing personal. he just loves his country so much.

when barack is running america nic will be just as tough on president obama's critics. won't you nic?

you'll see.

:hystery:

multi 14-10-08 08:30 AM

Judge Stephen J. Murphy:GOP's voter purge a 'violation of federal law'

The American Civil Liberties Union is trumpeting a judge's decision in Michigan which brings to a halt the practice of eliminating voters from rolls if their mailing address is found to be invalid.

Recently, the GOP chairman in Macomb County, Michigan, detailed a plan to use a list of foreclosed homes to challenge voters. His pronouncement drew an immediate backlash, with predictions that the plan would "backfire."

It has.

The suit, filed by ACLU national and ACLU of Michigan, along with the Advancement Project, aimed to protect voters whose registration cards were returned to government offices by post as 'undeliverable.' Judge Stephen J. Murphy of the U.S. District Court of Michigan's Eastern District concluded that the program of eliminating these voters from rolls is in violation of federal law.

The voter purge program, better known to elections integrity experts as 'voter caging,' is a long-storied GOP tactic employed against minority, student and low-income voters. In September, the Obama campaign filed a lawsuit in Michigan challenging the illegal tactic.

"You essentially send a first-class letter to a hoursehold where you suspect that that person no longer lives there but where they're still registered to vote," explained Allen Raymond, a convicted GOP elections fraudster who spent time in prison after the discovery of a phone-jamming scheme during the 2002 elections. "That letter comes back. ... Somebody [at the local polling place] then challenges that vote if that person comes in to vote."

"This is a very significant ruling for Michigan voters," said Matthew Lund, the ACLU cooperating attorney and a partner at Pepper Hamilton LLP who argued the case, in a release. "The court recognized – and repeated several times – that the state of Michigan is conducting unlawful voter purges that clearly violate the National Voter Registration Act. Michigan voters who were removed from the voting rolls for no reason other than failure to receive their ID card in the mail will now be allowed to vote in November.”

"More than 1,400 voters in that category have been disqualified so far in 2008," reports the Associated Press. "The judge says it's unclear how many cancellations actually are wrong but it's a violation of federal law. Murphy says those people shouldn't be prevented from voting if they can produce more proof of residency at the polls."

"This program has a very detrimental impact in minority, low-income and student communities across Michigan," claims an ACLU advisory. "These communities tend to be more transient and to live in multi-family housing."

“This is a major victory for Michigan voters and the integrity of our democratic process,” said Meredith Bell-Platts, staff counsel with the ACLU Voting Rights Project, in a release. “Today’s decision brings us one step closer to restoring confidence in a electoral system that has been poisoned by illegal disfranchisement policies. As a result of the judge’s decision, fewer Michigan voters will be illegally purged and wrongly disfranchised – and that’s good for everyone.”

Điego 14-10-08 09:18 AM

When it comes to voting, the Republicans only have one talking point: ACORN

Acorn registers voters. Sometimes the registrars have targets or 'quotas' to fill to show they are making the effort. Sometimes those registering new voters are either lazy, greedy, or a combo of the two. They have been caught submitting erroneous registrations, multiple registrations, even sitting in a library making shit up. That is all wrong, sure enough, and sometimes fraud, but it means little/nothing to the election. To actually vote you have to prove who you are, so unless someone shows up saying they are 'Mickey Mouse', and can prove it, they ain't votin'.

But the Republicans love this stuff and can really get their teeth into it, especially if it drives their voter suppression efforts, and it certainly play to that meme. They LOVE to try to link Obama directly with Acorn and to demonetize him and the Democratic party for any involvement with the group.

Involvement with Acorn is, in their view, un-American.

Okay then, fair is fair I suppose, even when it isn't, so have at this bastard openly supporting Acorn and other commie groups like Unite Here, SEIU, and PAW no less!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9wy2MI1NI

McCain '08! :BL: