P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I had an inspiration (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=13028)

AweShucks 03-09-02 03:40 PM

I had an inspiration

I got a bright idea one day and decided I had enough.

Zeropaid was getting old and the "first post, second post" comments were getting real old.

Unite the Cows and all of their infinite wisdom and stubbornness :tu: for hosting Clean Grokster, cause much downtime.

Slyck brings great news, but the site lacked user interaction until recently with the additions of their forums.

So I made this AweShucks.org

While the site is still in it's infancy and not all the bugs are worked out. I believe it is 90% functional. I still need to make some decent graphics. Take a look and enjoy!
All feedback is welcome and feel free to submit news/links etc. It's still basically in the testing stage as I try to work out any bugs and adjust the settings.

As of yet I haven't submitted to any search engines or announced it anywhere.

Sooo......

I thought I would announce it here first! The Napsterites are and have always been a great resource for me. I enjoy coming to the p2p forum on a daily basis.

Thanks for the inspiration :AP:

Dawn 03-09-02 03:59 PM

I joined, got my password emailed to me, changed it, signed on, things are cool. But when I try and access the forum, it says user name is unknown. ;(

AweShucks 03-09-02 04:03 PM

Thanks for stopping in Dawn!

Currently The forum and the php site are separate and each require a different registration:o I wasn't real happy with the nuke forum so I used Ikonboard instead. I plan to switch to the ikonboard php when it becomes public.

Dawn 03-09-02 04:05 PM

Yep, I figured that out, and am now registered. Too bad I can't keep that great smilie for an avatar :D

Edit: *sigh*, I'll just have to be a goddess ;)

naz 03-09-02 05:41 PM

thats a nice looking site, good luck with it

RDixon 03-09-02 06:03 PM

Re: I had an inspiration

Quote:

Originally posted by AweShucks
As of yet I haven't submitted to any search engines or announced it anywhere.
Nice work.
BTW you have submitted it to Google already by posting the link here.
It should come up there in a day or 2.

naz 03-09-02 07:05 PM

Quote:

Currently The forum and the php site are separate and each require a different registration I wasn't real happy with the nuke forum so I used Ikonboard instead. I plan to switch to the ikonboard php when it becomes public.

pmachine is an intergrated forum/content management system that looks quite powerful

i had it in mind for a site i was working on, but i hate all that php stuff

JackSpratts 03-09-02 08:10 PM

Re: I had an inspiration

Quote:

Originally posted by AweShucks
I got a bright idea one day and decided I had enough.

So I made this AweShucks.org

I thought I would announce it here first! The Napsterites are and have always been a great resource for me. I enjoy coming to the p2p forum on a daily basis.

Thanks for the inspiration :AP:

i'm a member! :tu:

- js.

ReD 04-09-02 03:15 AM

Theres a great little add on/hack for PhP Nuke which allows you to merge PHP Nuke with the PHPBB so it shares the same userbase and sign up process.

There is also another Portal system better than Nuke which has the same add on this is called geek log very good, the sites somewhere on sourceforge.net i cant remember

TankGirl 04-09-02 04:57 AM

Excellent work, AweShucks, congratulations! :AP: :beer:

I am always very pleased to see this kind of spontaneous, non-commercial p2p activity. It is the best guarantee for the ultimate victory of the p2p revolution. Kudos to you, Awe! :tu:

- tg ;)

napho 04-09-02 05:40 AM

The AweShucks empire just keeps growing. :D

AweShucks 04-09-02 06:02 AM

Thanks for all the great comments:love: and thanks to those who visited and registered as well.

I like the sounds of that pmachine it looks to have some good features. Plan on checking up on http://geeklog.sourceforge.net/ as well that portal looks very promising. I may give them a test run thanks for the links naz and ReD:tu:

spstn 04-09-02 11:07 PM

Go Awe, Go....

Looking good.

The only thing missing, and that could become its trademark, making it instantly recognizable is the animated avatar right on top of Modules, as if it was looking for info.

You've got a winner there.

:S: :tu:

AweShucks 05-09-02 05:59 AM

Re: Go Awe, Go....

Quote:

Originally posted by spstn
Looking good.

The only thing missing, and that could become its trademark, making it instantly recognizable is the animated avatar right on top of Modules, as if it was looking for info.

You've got a winner there.

:S: :tu:

Awesome idea :tu: I like it!

Edit: All done:beer: Thanks for the idea spstn

Check it out here.

spstn 05-09-02 10:09 AM

You da man Awe

Vincent van Gogh ghost is twisting with envy:

Why I didn't think of that... FIRST?

Damn....

:S: