P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Political Asylum (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What a horrible time for our economy (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=24537)

pisser 09-06-08 10:27 AM

What a horrible time for our economy

Our shitty economy, the lynchpin of our idiot conservative agenda.

Bush's legacy: Ever rising gas prices, foreclosures skyrocketing, food prices through the roof, etc. blah blah.......

Keep your oil buddies happy bush. Keep the mortgage lenders and speculators happy bush. Keep your fucking ethanol and shove it up your ass bush. Oh, you too Albed.:CG:

albed 09-06-08 03:39 PM

So how's it hurting you?

And what are you doing to adjust?

Tough times don't last; tough people do...and whiners apparently.

You don't need to vote for change now because it's already here.

Ðiego 09-06-08 03:54 PM

Aye, Albed supports 'tough luck' economics. That's where when someone can't afford to drive to work any more you just say 'tough luck' - walk to work. And when a child gets sick you say 'tough luck' - you shouldn't have had any children. And when the factory you work in closes you say 'tough luck' - get a job. And when their house goes to auction due to foreclosure you say 'tough luck' - and put in a bid that's 20% of the value. And when a bank over-extends itself you say 'aww poor bank' - and bail it out, especially if the board are all your friends and you have investments in it.

Damn but isn't the Bust, erm I mean Bush, economic program just GREAT?! Welcome to Albed's United 'Fuck You' States Of America! Woo hoo! Money to be made in misery baby! Money to be MADE!

Ð :S:

albed 09-06-08 04:30 PM

The easy life is over. While watching your child die of an illness you can't afford to have treated, think of the all money you blew on booze, drugs, cigarettes, junk food, etc. that could have saved its life and blame yourself instead of trying to blame everyone else.

And when you can't get a well paying job think about all the times you jacked off in school instead of studying hard and getting good grades and blame yourself for your uselessness to employers.

Survival of the fittest has always been natures way for life on this planet and the time is coming when you're going to have to learn your true worth.

Ðiego 09-06-08 04:32 PM

In the other thread I hoped you don't get a major illness, I take that back. I hope do get sick and lose everything as I don't think you'll learn any other way.

Only a Republican can bail out a bank and tell a young family they are on their own. That's not America, and it's not how this country will be run come November.

albed 09-06-08 04:58 PM

In my family we take care of our own, except for the lazy sleazebags who go through life in alcohol and drug induced stupors looking for handouts. Yeah we have them and if we don't wast our resources on them we sure as hell won't do it for unrelated sleazebags no matter how much time they spend on the internet whining.

And I'll face my own hardships like a man instead of like a whining loser who thinks the world owes him everything he needs no matter how worthless he is.

Ðiego 09-06-08 05:06 PM

Aye, you say that now, but you'd have a different story if it happened to you. People do the right things and make all the right decisions and then a child get leukemia and they lose it all and what do you have for them? Nothing, same as your party.

10 billion a month to Iraq? No problem. That's a 'handout' you can get behind.

pisser 10-06-08 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albed (Post 261991)
So how's it hurting you?

And what are you doing to adjust? Nothing

Tough times don't last; tough people do...and whiners apparently. Yeah, look in the mirror.

You don't need to vote for change now because it's already here.

I thought conservatives hated change?

I have to laugh at you bub....you continually complain about 'whiners'. Have you stopped to think for just a second that you 'whine' about all the so called losers and liberals in most of your posts here.

So I guess that makes you the biggest 'whiner' of them all.

Oh and..here's a pink elephant for ya....:PE:

albed 14-06-08 07:03 AM

And you get back on top by whining about my whining about whiners. There's no keeping you down, is there?

Iraq isn't a handout, it's an endeavor to make the mideast more modern, free and peaceful. In a well functioning society people help their neighbors instead of relying on a distant and unresponsive government; in Iraqi society people would fight their neighbors and their government and their government would oppress them, rob them, and try to conquer more people. Reforming that will improve life for millions and eventually for the whole world.

Ðiego 14-06-08 09:32 AM

Well bless our little cotton socks. Gosh but aren't we just the swellest!

theknife 14-06-08 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albed (Post 262029)
Iraq isn't a handout, it's an endeavor to make the mideast more modern, free and peaceful. In a well functioning society people help their neighbors instead of relying on a distant and unresponsive government; in Iraqi society people would fight their neighbors and their government and their government would oppress them, rob them, and try to conquer more people. Reforming that will improve life for millions and eventually for the whole world.

right- social engineering on a global scale, brought to you by the party who doesn't believe in "nation buiding". it's a pity that, like the rest of the borrow-&-spend wingnuts, you're not willing to actually pay for your grand experiment with your tax dollars.

albed 14-06-08 12:17 PM

I don't really have a choice but if my money is going to be stolen and spent by the government I'd rather it be spent on that sort of thing instead of supporting worthless parasites and their families.

And if liberals could think rationally they'd realize that if the government would let it's citizens keep and spend their own money they wouldn't have to worry about it going to projects they oppose.

But show me a liberal that can think rationally.

Ðiego 14-06-08 12:45 PM

Oh aye, like McBush. Except he's only interested in letting those who have plenty of money keep it. And at who's cost? Why, those who don't have plenty of it, naturally.

McBush is a modern day Robin Hood: taking from the poor and giving to the rich. What a nice fellow.

malvachat 15-06-08 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ðiego (Post 262034)
What a nice fellow.

You don't really mean that do you?
Your kidding with us.:KSY:

----------------
Now playing: Morrissey - November Spawned a Monster
via FoxyTunes

jcmd62 15-06-08 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pisser (Post 261988)
Our shitty economy

Ever rising gas prices, foreclosures skyrocketing, food prices through the roof, etc. blah blah.......

The only part of this post you got right was...........blah blah........

Seems quite clear the economy is doing just fine.

The Malls are packed with people spending money, I have to wait in line to get in any restaurant in my area any night of the week, people are lined up at the gas station pumping shitloads of $4+ gallon gas into their gas sucking Hummers and SUV's. New businesses are opening weekly and there are more jobs offered in the want ads than have been in 20 years.

The economy is only shitty for airlines, car manufacturers and disillusioned disgruntled, spoiled rotten Americans that are finally having to come to terms with the inevitability that the cheap oil ride was destined to end and that they now must accept that all the years of having anything and WASTEING everything are coming to an end.

Poor pisser might have to get a second job, if he even has one to begin with, or even educate himself to get a BETTER job because he is finally paying for a gallon of gas what the REST OF THE WORLD has been paying for over a decade.

But of course instead of acting like a true American like he claims to be by pulling himself up by his bootstraps and DEALING with it like so many Americans are, he wants to take the easy way out and blame the fucking government for his own illiteracy and poor choices in his pathetic life because now he might to actually get off his lazy ass and earn his keep.

I can't wait for 4 years down the road when things are 10 times worse with Obama Bin Laden at the helm and you ignorant pukes that voted for him are crying " you promised us HOPE and CHANGE".

Yea he's bringing change allright, mark my words, it isn’t going to be for the better.

jcmd62 15-06-08 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ðiego (Post 261994)

Only a Republican can bail out a bank and tell a young family they are on their own. That's not America, and it's not how this country will be run come November.

ROLFLMAO

You really are a clueless idiot!

Of course its once again the governments fault that “young family” accepted a ridiculous “Balloon” mortgage or “interest only” mortgage to buy a home that was completely unaffordable and out of their price range to begin with. Only a lazy, welfare tit sucking, still living at home with mommy stoner brat would think the government should immediately step in and “bail” them out of a foreclosure they brought on themselves.

That’s right you ignorant dipshit people have CHOICES and some choose to make the wrong ones and they end up paying for it. As they should. The government doesn’t share any responsibility to pay for their mistakes.

If you CHOOSE to buy a house you can’t afford and then CHOOSE a mortgage that the payment is going to DOUBLE 5 years down the road when you know your paycheck isn’t, you fucking deserve to lose your home. I just the love the assumption and extreme ignorance shown by you and pisser that all the current foreclosures are Bush’s fault and not the fault of the individuals that weren’t forced by anyone to buy an expensive home with a loan they knew they wouldn’t be able to make the payments on.

So is Obama is going to wave his magic wand or use Mr. Peabody’s “Wayback Machine” in November to make everything perfect for us po folks? If you think Obama is going to run this country any differently you really do have your stoner head up your smoke filled ass.

jcmd62 15-06-08 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ðiego (Post 262034)

McBush is a modern day Robin Hood: taking from the poor and giving to the rich. What a nice fellow.

Obviously your pissed because gas prices are also driving up illegal dope prices. You really are a brain dead stoner if you believe a liberal democrat president is going to be any different.

The wealthy have ALWAYS existed in this country and gotten the biggest tax breaks regardless of the current presidents political affiliation, as have the oil companies since the day we set this country/economy up to operate solely on oil/fossil fuels for our energy.

Democrats love to bullshit the working class and poorest citizens in this country with their lies about taxing the RICH to give more money to the POOR. When in fact our taxation system isn't individualized and when ANY president raises our taxes its done across the board to anyone and everyone that actually pays their taxes and is gainfully employed with a federal tax I.D. number.

The wealthy don't pay any higher percentage of their income to the IRS than some 20k a year construction worker does. Who do you think is hurt more by losing 30% of their income, Bill Gates, or a 20k per year construction worker? This has ALWAYS been the problem with our Income tax system, it doesn't tax "poor" people LESS and extremely wealthy people like Gates MORE.

Gas pumps don't automatically charge a wealthy person higher tax on a gallon of gas than a poor person, nor do the rich pay more sales tax than the "poor" you freaking stoned idiot. Furthermore in your brain dead stupor you seem to actually believe that our taxes go into some Tax Soup Kitchen, then handed out ONLY to help those poor people you love to whine about and act like you actually give 2 shits about.

Maybe you should put the bong down and wake up to the realization that the majority of those very taxes ends up back in the pockets of the rich greedy corporate bastards you love to constantly bitch about and so despise. Obama isn’t going to do away with the thousands of federal grants and tax breaks those corporations and the wealthy enjoy. Are you really that ignorant and stupid?

Americans pay more income tax now than ever thanks to liberal democrat presidents. Americans pay more tax on energy, cigarettes, alcoholic beverages and other goods than ever thanks to republican presidents. This has always been the taxation difference between democrats and republicans. Republicans tax our goods and Democrats tax our income. At least I can reduce my energy usage, stop buying cigarettes and alcohol, and choose how much I spend on taxable goods. Income Tax isn't a choice.

Obama has already made it clear that he will raise our income tax along with his bullshit plan of taxing the oil companies profits. So you can kiss even more of your paycheck goodbye and expect to pay even more for your gas because every penny that he taxes the oil companies will be immediately reflected in the price per gallon at the pump and the oil companies will continue to get rich while the "poor" pay these new "profit" taxes for them.

You think Bush is taking from the poor and giving to the rich, wait till Obama becomes president and your paying $10+ a gallon for gas and triple what your paying now for groceries and goods 4 years down the road with a smaller paycheck.

theknife 15-06-08 08:06 PM

atm, the choice for Prez is obvious: Obama wants to end the war in Iraq, McCain wants to continue it indefinitely. the rest is just details.

Mazer 15-06-08 11:10 PM

The war is a non-issue to all but a few Americans, knife. Though we all talk about it, few of us actually have to deal with it personally. Politicians only talk about the war in order to divide people. It's working; we're well and truly divided on the issue. But what has that accomplished?

Obama won't end the war, he can't, so he's no different than McCain in that respect. Since the prospective Democrat nominees are no longer competing to promise the soonest end to the war we can focus on Obama's more realistic campaign promises. He'll still argue with McCain about the war, but only to turn our attentions away from issues that might make voters less decisive. If you took away this one issue then the only obvious difference between those two politicians would be their skin colors.

They'll try to use the economy to divide us too, but the difference is that the economy affects us all. We really can't afford to be divided on that issue, and one of the two candidates will have a better head for numbers and he'll be the man we should all vote for. As for Iraq, get used to thinking of it as an other Afghanistan 'cause, no matter who gets elected, a year from now that's how the media and the better part of congress will be treating it.

Ðiego 16-06-08 12:53 AM

Ever notice how albed and jcmd always sound so angry and bitter? Like they're clinging to their guns and religion? :BL:

Come November your worst nightmare: a Buckwheat in the White House :D OH NO SPANKIE! HAHAHA!

jcmd62 16-06-08 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknife (Post 262041)
atm, the choice for Prez is obvious: Obama wants to end the war in Iraq, McCain wants to continue it indefinitely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer (Post 262042)
Politicians only talk about the war in order to divide people.

Obama won't end the war, he can't, so he's no different than McCain in that respect.

atm, Its clear that Obamas plan to pull the political wool over the eyes of the ignorant is working. So many people like you knife are falling for the "I want to, therefore I can" bullshit obama is spewing forth every chance he gets. Want in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

Fact is what obama wants to do and can do are entirely different. He won't end the Iraq war and can't as Mazer properly pointed out. Even if obama lasts 8 years we will still be in Iraq when his term ends. So go ahead and base your vote decision on your ignorance of presidential limitations and what some inexperienced, unknown politician says he WANTS to do instead of what he actually can do. Obama is counting on people like you to focus on the war, something he can do nothing about, and not on the real issues that ARE going to affect you like his major tax increase he will impose the minute he takes office, something he can and will do.

Not that Im a big McCain fan but he never said he wants the war to continue indefinitely. He said we COULD be there for 100 years, not that he WANTS the war to continue. Not the best choice of words but at least he spoke the truth and reality of the situation in the middle east which is rare for a politician.

Ðiego 16-06-08 01:41 PM

Okay, so run through the issues and how you feel the candidates stand on them. Oh, and try to do so without the insults. I know you feel it makes you 'win' the conversation, but it doesn't.

Can you have a reasoned debate on the stance of the candidates on the issues?

theknife 16-06-08 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer (Post 262042)
The war is a non-issue to all but a few Americans, knife. Though we all talk about it, few of us actually have to deal with it personally. Politicians only talk about the war in order to divide people. It's working; we're well and truly divided on the issue. But what has that accomplished?

actually, the war consistently polls as the second most important issue to voters, behind the economy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmd62
atm, Its clear that Obamas plan to pull the political wool over the eyes of the ignorant is working. So many people like you knife are falling for the "I want to, therefore I can" bullshit obama is spewing forth every chance he gets. Want in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first.

Fact is what obama wants to do and can do are entirely different. He won't end the Iraq war and can't as Mazer properly pointed out. Even if obama lasts 8 years we will still be in Iraq when his term ends. So go ahead and base your vote decision on your ignorance of presidential limitations and what some inexperienced, unknown politician says he WANTS to do instead of what he actually can do. Obama is counting on people like you to focus on the war, something he can do nothing about, and not on the real issues that ARE going to affect you like his major tax increase he will impose the minute he takes office, something he can and will do.

Not that Im a big McCain fan but he never said he wants the war to continue indefinitely. He said we COULD be there for 100 years, not that he WANTS the war to continue. Not the best choice of words but at least he spoke the truth and reality of the situation in the middle east which is rare for a politician.

you miss the point, laddie - McCain will continue the Bush policies and is on record as being in favor of a permanent Iraqi occupation ( which include 58 permament military bases in Iraq)... whereas Obama has expressly declared no permanent bases in Iraq. so the intent of each candidate is clear and the differences could not be sharper. since Obama was smart enough to foresee the Iraqi trainwreck coming in the first place, he has already demonstrated superior judgement in this area. he obviously has the will, and as Prez, he will also have the power, to end the military occupation of Iraq .

albed 16-06-08 03:58 PM

Quote:

atm, the choice for Prez is obvious: Obama wants to end the war in Iraq, McCain wants to continue it indefinitely. the rest is just details.

Didn't the democratic congressional candidates say they wanted to end that war too?

And what did you learn?

You're so willing to swallow any shit at all you should have been sent to the ISS to replace that broken toilet.

But you spew shit out too with your lies about McCain "wanting" to continue the war.

You're too worthless to even serve as a shit collector.

And - AWWWW; the lying, "McBush" squawking, scumbag doesn't like insults. Isn't he special.

Ðiego 16-06-08 04:44 PM

Aww, Albed insults people because he can't debate the issues.

albed 16-06-08 05:54 PM

I've already explained what debating with a liar is like, and unlike you, the smell of shit doesn't appeal to me.

theknife 16-06-08 07:05 PM

c'mon, you're a Bushie, you've been swallowing shit for eight years. clearly, you've developed a taste for it :p

Ðiego 17-06-08 01:11 AM

Back to those issues. Notice how McBush changes his tune depending on who he's standing in front of? His latest? That he supports Bill Clinton's Supreme Court appointments of Ginsberg and Breyer? Who'd he say it to? Hillary Clinton supporters.

An unusual stance for someone who wants to overturn Roe. How do you know who/what you're voting for with him? Is there an internal memo? How many of the issues has he changed his position on now? that's easy: all of them.

Mazer 17-06-08 10:31 PM

He didn't get to be a senator by telling people things they don't like hearing, diego. He's a politician like his opponent. We'll be seeing more of this from both men in the coming months, and here's the reason: getting nominated is a matter of appealing to the extremists in one's party while getting elected is a matter of appealing to the center. It's an anomaly of the two party system so I can hardly blame the candidates for adapting their platforms to the fickle whims of voters. The trick will be to make their flip flopping look like personal growth and not like pandering, and given Obama's perceived inexperience it will be easier for him to get away with it.

You're holding McCain to a higher standard than Obama, whether you realize it or not.

Ðiego 18-06-08 01:25 AM

Not at all. McCain has changed his stances on the issues, Obama has not. 'Everyone does it' is a cop-out. You know damn well that should Obama change his stance the GOP would have it all over the press. And so all they can do is down-play McCain's flip-flops.

The supposed 'maverick' of the Republican party, forging his own way, he has repeatedly reversed long-held positions and compromised what he has called his core principles. Then he's denied doing it. Then he's denied denying it.

What happened to his stance on campaign reform? What happened to his stance on torture? Special interests? Lobbyists? Off-shore drilling? Immigration reform? Gay marriage? Bush's tax-cuts? Ethanol? Surveillance of the American public? Telco immunity? Gun control? The mortgage crisis? Social security? The list goes on and on.

I'll use Social Security 'privatization' as an example.

John McCain, last week: "But I'm not for, quote, 'privatizing' Social Security. I never have been, I never will be."

John McCain in 2004: "Without privatization, I don't see how you can possibly, over time, make sure that young Americans are able to receive Social Security benefits." [C-Span Road to the White House, 11/18/2004]

John McCain in March: "As part of Social Security reform, I believe that private savings accounts are a part of it - along the lines of what President Bush proposed. I campaigned in support of President Bush's proposal and I campaigned with him, and I did town hall meetings with him." [Wall Street Journal, 3/3/08]

Which one is the 'straight-talk'? You would be hard pressed to name an issues he hasn't pandered on, then lied about pandering on, then lied about lying about pandering on. To be honest, you can't tell who he is or what he believes, but you can tell it would be a presidency governed by whomever he feels he has to please at the moment.

Mazer 18-06-08 07:38 AM

So I take it you don't perceive his changes in attitude as personal growth. That's okay. For myself I don't expect either candidate to stick to the promises they made before they got nominated. You may call it pandering if you like, I call it the defining characteristic of all politicians.

Ðiego 18-06-08 08:35 AM

Not all ;)

pisser 24-06-08 02:04 PM

jcmd and albed: the deliverance boys...

Just a couple more pathetic excuses for shitbags that call themselves human.

They would be better off as the communists they really are....:KA: :CG: :B: :scared:

albed 24-06-08 05:40 PM

Squeal like a pig, boy.

Ooops, you've been doing that for a loooong time already.

pisser 25-06-08 02:42 PM

[quote=albed;262130]Squeal like a pig, boy.

That's your job, Ned.

pisser 26-06-08 02:12 PM

JCMD,

Guess what? We will have a black president.

I see that pisses you off to no end, you bigoted bonehead. HAHAHA!!!!

You ugly piece of dogshit.

Nicobie 26-06-08 06:38 PM

I agree

It really is time for a change

helter skelter to all the pol's

albed 04-07-08 05:08 AM

Quote:

ATTENTION; BARAK OBAMA IS REFINING, NOT REVERSING, HIS PLEDGE TO WITHDRAW FROM IRAQ!

REPEAT; BARAK OBAMA IS REFINING, NOT REVERSING, HIS OFT REPEATED PROMISE.
SUCKERS

Ðiego 04-07-08 07:14 AM

I've always known your ability to discuss issues to be hampered by your ignorance of those same issues, and your seeming inability to talk to someone without your questionable upbringing shining through, but I didn't know that ignorance extended to your grasp of the English language.

Refine: to make more fine, subtle, or precise. To make fine distinctions in thought or language: improve, perfect, polish, temper, elevate, hone.

Reverse: opposite or contrary in position, direction, order, or character

A post on HiffPo covers it best, and so I'll quote it for you.

Quote:

Obama Denies Change In Iraq Policy

Democrat Barack Obama struggled Thursday to explain how his upcoming trip to Iraq might refine, but not basically alter, his promise to quickly remove U.S. combat troops from the war.

A dustup over war policy - one of the main issues separating the Illinois senator from his Republican opponent, John McCain - overshadowed Obama's town-hall meeting here with veterans to talk about patriotism and his plans to care for them. Republicans pounced on the chance to characterize Obama as altering one of the core policies that drove his candidacy "for the sake of political expedience." He denied equally forcefully that he was shifting positions.

Arriving in Fargo, Obama hastily called a news conference to discuss news of a sixth straight month of nationwide job losses, but the questioning turned to Iraq policy and his impending trip there.

"I am going to do a thorough assessment when I'm there," he said. "I'm sure I'll have more information and continue to refine my policy."

He left the impression that his talks with military commanders there could refine his promise to remove U.S. combat troops within 16 months of taking office.

Less than four hours later, after the town hall meeting, Obama appeared before reporters for another statement and round of questions to "try this again."

"Apparently I was not clear enough this morning," he said. He blamed any confusion on the McCain campaign, which he said had "primed the pump with the press" to suggest "we were changing our policy when we haven't."

"I have said throughout this campaign that this war was ill-conceived, that it was a strategic blunder and that it needs to come to an end," he said. "I have also said I would be deliberate and careful about how we get out. That position has not changed. I am not searching for maneuvering room with respect to that position."

He promised to summon the Joint Chiefs of Staff on his first day in office "and I will give them a new mission and that is to end this war, responsibly and deliberately, but decisively."

He said that when he talked earlier about refining his policy after talking with commanders in Iraq, he was referring not to his 16-month timeline, but to how many troops may need to remain in Iraq to train the local army and police and what troop presence might be needed "`to be sure al-Qaida doesn't re-establish a foothold there."

"I will bring our troops out at a pace of one two brigades a month" which would mean the United States would be totally out of Iraq in 16 months. "That is what I intend to do as president of the United States."

But later in the session, he said it is possible the 16-month timeline could slip if the pace of withdrawal needs to be slowed some months to ensure troop safety. "I have always said ... I would always reserve the right to do what's best," Obama said.

During his presidential campaign, Obama has gone from the hard-edged, vocal opposition to Iraq that defined his early candidacy to more nuanced rhetoric that calls for the phased-out drawdown of all combat brigades that, at a rate of one or two a month, could take 16 months. He has said that if al-Qaida builds bases in Iraq, he would keep troops either in the country or the region to carry out "targeted strikes."

Republicans, who have claimed Obama needs an update on the situation in Iraq, e-mailed a midday broadside.

"There appears to be no issue that Barack Obama is not willing to reverse himself on for the sake of political expedience," said Alex Conant, a spokesman for the national Republican Party. "Obama's Iraq problem undermines the central premise of his candidacy and shows him to be a typical politician."

McCain, has been a vocal supporter of the Iraq war and war policy has been a central disagreement between the two candidates.

But Obama insisted his position has not changed at all. He pointed out he has always said, "We need to be as careful getting out as we were careless getting in." This means, he said, that his 16-month timeline "was always premised on" not endangering either U.S. troops or Iraq's stability, which he had previously been told by commanders was possible.

"I'm going to continue to gather information to see whether those conditions still hold," he said. "My goal is to end this conflict as soon as possible."

"I continue to believe that it is a strategic error for us to maintain a long-term occupation in Iraq at a time when conditions in Afghanistan are worsening, al-Qaida is continuing to establish bases in areas of northwest Pakistan, resources there are severely strained and we are spending $10 to $12 billion a month in Iraq that we desperately need here at home, not to mention the strains on our military," Obama said.

Obama plans a visit this summer to Jordan, Israel, Germany, France and the United Kingdom. The Illinois senator also has said he intends to visit Iraq and Afghanistan this summer as part of an official congressional trip that would be separate from the campaign-funded Mideast and European tour. It would be his second trip to Iraq.

Obama's Web site contains this direct promise about Iraq: "Obama will immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months. Obama will make it clear that we will not build any permanent bases in Iraq. He will keep some troops in Iraq to protect our embassy and diplomats; if al-Qaida attempts to build a base within Iraq, he will keep troops in Iraq or elsewhere in the region to carry out targeted strikes on al-Qaida."

McCain was an early supporter of increasing the number of U.S. troops in Iraq as President Bush did last year. He wants to pursue the current counterinsurgency tactics to give Iraqis time to work out a political reconciliation. He has said he's willing to see some U.S. troops stay there as much as 100 years but not if they are being wounded or killed in combat. Rather he supports keeping a military presence in that part of the world because of its volatility.
McCain has always supported our invasion and the continued occupation of Iraq and sees no problem with our troops remaining in Iraq at the tune of $10,000,000,000 a month. This for a fiscal conservative?

Obama, and a large majority of the American people, believe we should have remained focused on Afghanistan and that Iraq was a mistake then and is a mistake now. His stated position, which has not changed, is that we need to get our troops out of Iraq and return our attention to eliminating the Taliban and al-Qaeda.

If you don't believe the Iraq invasion, or that our spending 10 bullion dollars a month there now, are mistakes then I question your judgment as much as I question McCains. Why are we spending 10 billion dollars a month on a country which is sitting on untold billions of barrels of oil? Why are they not paying it themselves? Why are we spending so much there, while cupping the budget for schools here?

What the hell is wrong with the Conservatives and can they even be called 'conservative' any more? Or is it that they are only conservative when it comes to spending on Americans and are liberal when spending on their businesses and those of their associates?

JackSpratts 04-07-08 07:23 AM

"We're going to try this again. Apparently I wasn't clear enough this morning on my position with respect to the war in Iraq.

Let me be as clear as I can be: I intend to end this war.

My first day in office I will bring the Joint Chiefs of Staff in and I will give them a new mission, and that is to end this war -- responsibly, deliberately but decisively.

This is the same position I that had four months ago. It's the same position that I had eight months ago. It's the same position that I had 12 months ago."

- Obama

theknife 04-07-08 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ðiego (Post 262234)
If you don't believe the Iraq invasion, or that our spending 10 bullion dollars a month there now, are mistakes then I question your judgment as much as I question McCains. Why are we spending 10 billion dollars a month on a country which is sitting on untold billions of barrels of oil?

well, the answer to that question should be clear as a fucking bell at this point: so we can control thier oil. all the rest of that "freedom is on the march" and "spreading democracy" bullshit were fairy tales and window dressing to sell this train wreck to feebleminded neocon Bushbots.

edit: and btw, Obama is distinctly juking right, imo, no doubt to broaden his appeal for the GE. his recent comments on Iraq as well his disinclination to hold the line on the FISA bill and telecom immunity are not encouraging. it's a shame coz he really doesn't have to water down his brand to carry this election - apparently, he thinks otherwise.

Ðiego 04-07-08 08:12 AM

Aye, no-bid contracts given to only Western oil companies and, surprise surprise, a no-bid contract given to Halliburton for firefighting in Iraq.

More of the same 'you lick my ass I'll lick yours' we've come to expect.

albed 05-07-08 04:27 AM

Quote:

"We're going to try this again. Apparently I wasn't clear enough this morning on my position with respect to the war in Iraq.

Let me be as clear as I can be: I intend to end this war.
Ooooh, so it's an "intention" instead of a "pledge". That's so much more.....

worthless.

Quote:

My first day in office I will bring the Joint Chiefs of Staff in and I will give them a new mission, and that is to end this war -- responsibly, deliberately but decisively.
Well this sounds like a replacement pledge. Let's see how long before it becomes another "intention".

Quote:

This is the same position I that had four months ago. It's the same position that I had eight months ago. It's the same position that I had 12 months ago."
Yeah, yeah but the poor suckers can only hear what you say, not what "position" you secretly hold.

Enjoy your new status of Obama bitchhood.

Now bend over.

Ðiego 05-07-08 05:06 AM

You're so uninformed that I'm often surprised you even know the names of the candidates.

Nice to see PA is going blue :) Also nice to see that Jesse Helms finially got his first class ticket to hell.

Mazer 05-07-08 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknife (Post 262236)
it's a shame coz he really doesn't have to water down his brand to carry this election - apparently, he thinks otherwise.

This isn't his first rodeo, he knows he needs to move to the middle in order to get elected.

albed 05-07-08 10:45 AM

Ah come on now Mazer, tell him nobody's going to change their vote based on Obama's weaseling out on his pledges and promises.

theknife 05-07-08 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer (Post 262250)
This isn't his first rodeo, he knows he needs to move to the middle in order to get elected.

no, i don't think he does - not this election cycle. the GOP brand is so badly trashed at this point (or, as Virginia GOP Congressman Tom Davis puts it: "if we were dog food, they would take us off the shelf"), and Democratic voter ID is so high, that he could stick to his guns and still get elected. of course, he'll play it safe and shift center-right, but i don't think he necessarily has to, at least not this time around.

Ðiego 05-07-08 12:10 PM

In a major shift in policy today, Barack Obama, who has vowed all election season to have a salad instead ordered a large bowl of lettuce along with tomato slices, cucumbers, carrot shavings, a hard boiled egg, with cut up pieces of ham, salami and cheese.

The Republican party understandably jumped on this shocking change in strategy!

Mazer 05-07-08 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknife (Post 262254)
no, i don't think he does - not this election cycle. the GOP brand is so badly trashed at this point (or, as Virginia GOP Congressman Tom Davis puts it: "if we were dog food, they would take us off the shelf"), and Democratic voter ID is so high, that he could stick to his guns and still get elected. of course, he'll play it safe and shift center-right, but i don't think he necessarily has to, at least not this time around.

Then he can stop campaigning, can't he? He's already clinched the Democratic nomination, now all he has to do is sit back and wait until January 20th. Of course, he won't, apparently he knows something you don't.

theknife 05-07-08 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer (Post 262276)
Then he can stop campaigning, can't he? He's already clinched the Democratic nomination, now all he has to do is sit back and wait until January 20th. Of course, he won't, apparently he knows something you don't.

not quite, you've got it backwards: apparently, i know something he doesn't. :W:

albed 06-07-08 06:05 AM

Win a lot of elections in your day knife?

If Obama's flip-flops start negatively affecting poll results he'll certainly flop-flip back to your preferred tunes; but since he has all your lips firmly locked to his ass now your opinions mean nothing and he's gone looking for new listeners.

Ðiego 06-07-08 06:23 AM

I notice you constantly talk of Obama's 'flip-flops' and yet never say what they are, or why you think they are 'flip-flops', and you never mention McCain's 'flop-flops'; why is that?

Oh, and the term 'flop-flop' itself isn't actually a term, it's a 'meme' invented by the GOP.

McCain has reversed his stance on every one of his purported 'core issues' and his 'Straight talk Express' has become the 'Bullshit Express'. I challenge you to find any issues which McCain hasn't, in your terms, 'flip-flopped' on.

albed 06-07-08 08:49 AM

OMG, I don't post what Diego wants!

What is wrong with me?

I only post what I want!

WHY?

WHYYYY?

Ðiego 06-07-08 08:59 AM

I take that as a 'no' on all fronts then?

No, you don't know the issues. No, you don't know who has changed from what they said before to what they say now. No, you don't care that average incomes have dropped while average profits are up. No, you haven't noticed that the stock markets have dropped 400 points on 2000 totals. No, you can't be bothered to see for yourself what has been going on in your name by a government hell-bent on building trillion-dollar deficits of debt to Saudi Arabia and China.

That's okay, Bush has taught you that you need not expose yourself needlessly to the truth in matters which effect you. It will all be just fine, the GOP is looking out for your best interests and knows better than you what those are..

Mazer 06-07-08 06:54 PM

It isn't that Obama flip-flops, he's actually been rather consistent in his short political career. But when situations arise in which he must change or face ridicule, he's very good at spinning the situation to make his calculated political maneuvers look like self improvement. Take the Reverend Wright story for example. Obama never actually repudiated Wright for his racist sermons, instead he used the hypothetical article 'if' to describe situations that would make him embarrassed to be associated with that bigot. His association with Wright hasn't changed in any way, but Obama has successfully quashed all the negative connotations of that association. To observers it looks like he has changed, but he manages to maintain his image of consistency while undergoing those changes, something few politicians can pull off. Obama's true strength is accentuating the positive sides of his inconsistencies. He is, in fact, a new breed of politician, one who is able to pander without looking like he's pandering. I wonder if our government would be better or worse off if more politicians were like him.

Ðiego 07-07-08 04:36 AM

We've heard much worse than Wright from white religious assholes and no one has condemned them. We've heard worse from helms and he was in government.

Obama faces the same BS the GOP always puts out: if you don't adjust you're stuck in your ways and if you do then you're a 'flip-flopper'. While at the same time their candidate does what he likes.

Not only that, but the GOP likes to accuse their rivals of that which they are about to do. Clark goes on the news praising McCain's military service and calling him a hero then he disagrees with the interviewer that McCain being shot down is an instant qualification to be president and so the GOP accuse him of slandering McCain's military career, which he didn't, by slandering Clark's military career. And the media ate it up.

Ever notice how the McCain camp claims that Obama has the media wrapped around his finger, while they have the media wrapped around McCain's finger? Even the AP is now pushing McCain's talking points. It's pathetic.

Mazer 07-07-08 07:59 AM

Of course, by deconstructing Obama's political strategies I'm not suggesting that his opponents don't also dance the dance. It isn't necessary for you to point out McCain's flaws, I see them too and I don't like them either. I haven't decided who to vote for yet so you can end the lecturing for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ðiego (Post 262304)
Ever notice how the McCain camp claims that Obama has the media wrapped around his finger, while they have the media wrapped around McCain's finger? Even the AP is now pushing McCain's talking points. It's pathetic.

I've noticed that the media has the candidates wrapped around its finger. Nobody gets elected in this country without media exposure so McCain and Obama both are at the beckon call of program directors and chief editors in all the news rooms across the nation. Some politicians make the best of it while others struggle with it.

Ðiego 07-07-08 08:49 AM

I didn't realize I was lecturing, I thought we were having a discussion?

Mazer 07-07-08 08:53 AM

Maybe you haven't noticed the pattern, but I have. Every time someone says something about Obama that isn't praise, you say something about McCain to condemn him. I haven't been comparing Obama to McCain but you respond to me as if I have. It's a little annoying.

Ðiego 07-07-08 09:04 AM

Isn't that the nature of conversation? Comparing the candidates is what I like to do, and I dislike the GOP for several reasons. I used to vote Republican, but after Homeland Security, Patriot Act I & II, invasion of Iraq, etc, etc, I can't support them any longer.

If I'm ramming Obama down your throat then my apologies m8. wasn't my intention though I see now I prolly was.