P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The new Napster (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=18179)

RDixon 13-12-03 01:59 PM

The new Napster

Quote:

You understand and agree that your use of the Service, Tracks, Client, and the Materials is at your own sole risk. THE SERVICE, TRACKS, MATERIALS AND THE CLIENT (THE "PRODUCTS") ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY BY NAPSTER

I never buy anything marked "as is".
This is the first time I have seen this in a TOS.

caveat emptor

goldie 13-12-03 02:09 PM

<insert idjit icon here>

i'm a 'tard, i admit it - no hard feelings?

:o:att:

Drakonix 13-12-03 02:26 PM

Quote:

caveat emptor
No shit.

They must have had TTOL whip that up.

For the benefit of those who were not around the original Napster forums:

TTOL ("The Tree Of Life") was the nick of a young oriental man who was a moderator on the Napster forums. He had a deserved reputation for being inconsistent and at times heavy handed on the ban button.

zombywoof 13-12-03 02:35 PM

An Angry Post For ttol....The Old Napster

Drakonix 13-12-03 04:29 PM

Ah, the memories....

napho 13-12-03 04:35 PM

I came on board after the Napster forums closed. You guys sure had alot of passion back then. Now forums and file sharing are "old hat" and the feeling probably isn't the same. Like comparing your first time to banging your wife for the millionth time.

theknife 13-12-03 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Drakonix
Ah, the memories....
no shit...brings a smile to my face. 1959 is yours truly...i remember the thread now, and yes, TTOL was an asshole.

i also remember Jordan (nocarrrier) chewing me out for some dire predictions i made about what was gonna happen to Napster after the first round of venture capital financing...

Quote:

Originally posted by 1959
On a side note, I picked up Newsweek with the Napster cover story today....found the "Kids vs. Suits" headline quite ironic considering that a) many of us here aren't kids and b) Napster Inc. is well on it's way to becoming the Suits.
...and we all know how that turned out:RE:

zombywoof 13-12-03 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by napho
I came on board after the Napster forums closed. You guys sure had alot of passion back then. Now forums and file sharing are "old hat" and the feeling probably isn't the same. Like comparing your first time to banging your wife for the millionth time.
LOL..You're probably right about that. :D

I went digging thru the archives and found this thread I posted in nearly 4 years ago on the old nap board. I remember posting in it while I was waiting for my cable internet acess which got installed a few days after my post . I was on dial when I posted in that thread.

Some of you probably remember me posting under the name of 'oscar' which is what I went by on the old nap board.

33.6 or less should be banned!!

theknife 13-12-03 06:49 PM

hey zw, i remember Oscar:W:

...and then there's Maze. he was all over the place in those days - hope he's well and happy these days :ND:

multi 19-12-03 12:25 AM

Quote:

DISCLAIMER
Information on this web site and the Napster service is provided by Napster "AS IS." Napster makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this web site, the Napster service, or the information, content, materials, services or products included or referenced on this web site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Napster disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties of non-infringement. Napster will not be liable to any party for direct, indirect, special or other consequential or incidental damages arising directly or indirectly from the use of this web site or the Napster service, including, but not limited to, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of program or other data on your information handling system or otherwise, even if Napster is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
seems it was in their
old TOS as well..