P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Did 'Napster' email U last week? (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=17562)

Nicobie 19-09-03 07:49 PM

Did 'Napster' email U last week?

I guess they still have my earl. :)

Shawn shoulda got a couple more bucks than he did.

I think the 'smilies' got to him.

Beware the smiling bastards.

greedy_lars 20-09-03 02:08 AM

yea i got a "remember us?" email last week.

prolly a secret plot by the riaa to entrap ex users.

Nicobie 20-09-03 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by greedy_lars
yea i got a "remember us?" email last week.

prolly a secret plot by the riaa to entrap ex users.

I thought so too.

My wall of fire was up.

I didn't give them as much as a cookie.

Šiego 21-09-03 06:03 AM

I guess I finally found benefit in ttol expunging me from the forum database lol :BL:

Š :S:

JackSpratts 21-09-03 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pretty low key, for those who wanna see...

- js.

theknife 21-09-03 06:58 PM

Very low key....maybe you could reply with something like this:

Quote:

Remember me? I gave you my email when I signed up for Napster™ back in the day. We're working to keep filesharing alive in the coming months, and we'd like to keep you posted on our progress. If you want to be kept in the loop, simply click here
Thank you,
The NU Team

:D

JackSpratts 21-09-03 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by theknife
Very low key....maybe you could reply with something like this:

:D

let's do it! :tu: :D

- js.

TankGirl 22-09-03 06:25 AM

They have also started a billboard sticker campaign.

- tg :WA:

Ramona_A_Stone 22-09-03 09:55 AM

Why yes, yes I did. And, oh, how I savored those 2.5 seconds, the delicious suspense, before I was certain I was going to hit the tempting, bright, candy-like delete button and cast it into the hole with all the penis enlargement ads, lactating farm girls and HungTwinks4U, unread.

:RS:

I do sometimes wonder if anyone still works for them though. Not that I liked any of the goofy pretentious twits, but I did fit right in. I haven't heard from any of them in ages, except for Louise occasionally. I somehow can't imagine what it would be like to actually work at Napster anymore. I picture six guys playing solitaire and keeping important looking webpages on the taskbar in case they need to look busy and getting phonecalls from their moms asking when they are going to get real jobs.

AweShucks 22-09-03 12:53 PM

All I wanna know is how you people manage to keep email addresses so long. Mine get blasted when the spam is too much to sort through:m: or I change ISP's. But you people manage to keep addresses active and readable for years:a: I must be doing something wrong:CG:

Nicobie 22-09-03 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AweShucks
All I wanna know is how you people manage to keep email addresses so long. Mine get blasted when the spam is too much to sort through:m: or I change ISP's. But you people manage to keep addresses active and readable for years:a: I must be doing something wrong:CG:

I figure it's an anal attribute.

(it's rare U can use an & anal in the same sentence)

greedy_lars 24-09-03 03:13 PM

actually i got 2. one to the email i used to register livewire the first name i used on napster, and the one banned for shareing a bogus blow-tallica song. the other email i used to register greedy_lars also got the same email.

so they seem to have kept em all.