P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Political Asylum (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Military calling out-of-uniform troops (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=22984)

multi 20-08-06 07:56 AM

Military calling out-of-uniform troops

CAMP ANACONDA, Iraq - Spc. Chris Carlson had been out of the U.S. Army for two years and was working at Costco in California when he received notice that he was being called back into service.

The 24-year-old is one of thousands of soldiers and Marines who have been deployed to
Iraq under a policy that allows military leaders to recall troops who have left the service but still have time left on their contract.

"I thought it was crazy," said Carlson, who has found himself protecting convoys on Iraq's dangerous roads as part of a New Jersey National Guard unit. "Never in a million years did I think they would call me back."

Although troops are allowed to leave active duty after a few years of service, they generally still have time left on their contract with the military that is known as "inactive ready reserve" status, or IRR. During that time, they have to let their service know their current address, but they don't train, draw a paycheck or associate in any other way with the military.

But with active duty units already completing multiple tours in Iraq, the
Pentagon has employed the rarely used tactic of calling people back from IRR status, a policy sometimes referred to as a "backdoor draft."
More..

Malk-a-mite 20-08-06 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multi
a policy sometimes referred to as a "backdoor draft."

A policy referred to as 'read your damn contract.'

albed 20-08-06 04:34 PM

The contract is usually read to them just in case.

More very old news just filtering down to the clueless.

Quote:

"I thought it was crazy," said Carlson
WTF is crazy? You signed up to serve and your service is needed.

Quote:

"Never in a million years did I think they would call me back."
There you go...thinking.

Fortunately the media has to search very hard to find the rare peabrain like that to publicize and propagandize.

Go multi...run with it.

JackSpratts 20-08-06 06:55 PM

be nice if they called up a few of the fat ones call themselves congressman.

- js.

pisser 20-08-06 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSpratts
be nice if they called up a few of the fat ones call themselves congressman.

- js.

Since their fat, they could use them as human shields!
(dammi, need a fat smiley!)

Mazer 20-08-06 11:07 PM

Didn't Clinton extend the term of inactive reserve from two years to four?

malvachat 21-08-06 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albed

There you go...thinking.

That's right them military types shouldn't be allowed to think.
They end up saying stupid and daft things.

There's a lesson for somebody there.

JackSpratts 21-08-06 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer
Didn't Clinton extend the term of inactive reserve from two years to four?

did he? well it's not like bush hasn't had six years to change it back lol.

- js.

Mazer 21-08-06 10:38 AM

I'm just saying. Clinton also activated the selective service system that requires all elligible men to carry a draft card. He gutted the military's budget while making it easier for the commander in chief to conscript troops, but his predecessor gets all the blame. I'm just musing on the irony of all this.

RDixon 21-08-06 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer
I'm just saying. Clinton also activated the selective service system that requires all elligible men to carry a draft card. He gutted the military's budget while making it easier for the commander in chief to conscript troops, but his predecessor gets all the blame. I'm just musing on the irony of all this.

Wasn't it Carter who reinstated mandatory registration for the SSS back in 1980?
And you are not required to carry your draft card; just be regisitered if you are male and with-in 30 days of your 18th birthday.

That took place shortly before Regan took over and begin courting Mr. Bin Laden for help fighting those damned commies in Afghanistan.

That was back in the day when what we now call terrorists were the good guys since what we were doing then fit the present description of terrorism very well.

Now that is irony...