P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   looking for v2kazaa in english (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=13538)

catflap 09-10-02 10:26 AM

looking for v2kazaa in english

hi everyone. my first post here.

i use grokster 1.5.1 with dietk 1.03. i had to block the dietk urls in my hosts file because it kept giving me adware/spyware/cookies that ad-aware identified. (sorry about that.) and because of that, i can't update my dietk. i know, i can temporarily remove it from my hosts file, but is there another place that is hosting dietk downloads?

JackSpratts (a member here) suggested to me that i might find info here on where i can get a clean v2 kazaa in english, but i haven't been able to find it here. he gave me the site for the french version, but i can't use that.

does anyone here know where i can get a clean v2 kazaa in english?

thanks for any help.:beer:

Drakonix 09-10-02 11:33 AM

Kazaa Lite 2.0.0 (english) can be downloaded from www.k-lite.tk.

No adware/spyware.

The "helper" program is also there if you want it.

Note: remove Grokster or other versions of Kazaa before installing Kazaa 2.0.

SA_Dave 09-10-02 11:35 AM

You can get it here.

If you want KazaaLite (no spyware in installer, includes "SpeedUp" 1.3.1, Sig2Dat 3.11a & optional hosts file, slightly altered menus, icons & buttons), you can find it here.

And welcome BTW. :W: :BL:

alphabeater 09-10-02 11:43 AM

...or you could just install a normal kazaa v2 from kazaa.com, uncheck 'install all partner software' during the installation, and replace the cd_clint.dll in your windows\system folder with the one in this zip file.

that way your kazaa's spyware/adware free, and you don't have to hunt around for a clean/lite version with every new version that you want to get.

catflap 09-10-02 12:44 PM

thanks everyone!

i'm going to pass those links on to a few people who i know are trustworthy. have you ever been to http://homenet.rouben.net/p2pzone/index.php ?

i've had the cd_clint.dll dummy since it began.

i also have sig2dat. i've posted 500+ quicklinks at fasttrackmovies.com in the last week.

i suppose that 'speedup' is like fasttrack accelerator or dietk download accelerator? so, do i really need speedup if i have dietk? also, like i said, i've blocked the dietk urls because when i turned on my dietk with grokster, it gave me adware/spyware/cookies which ad-aware identified. so now my grokster browser is blank. is there another place to get dietk downloads/updates?

i have a hosts file i got from dietk in the past, and now i've downloaded the hosts files from these other links. should i just copy/paste their contents into my hosts file, or can i have more than 1 hosts file with winme, like a 'hosts1' or 'hosts2 file?

i use ptrack. is there any reason why i should use 'dat view' instead?

oh btw. i used to give a lot of support in the grokster support pages. i had over 1000 posting before the censorship and delays. and the message counhters also stopped. but now i rarely go there. it sucks there, so i'm looking at different places. it looks good here.:tu:

JackSpratts 09-10-02 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by catflap
thanks everyone! it looks good here.:tu:
hey catflap, i knew you'd make out here. :ND: you were indeed "all over" the grokster support forums and we're glad you've stopped by nu. make your self at home and enjoy the boards. you'll find our touch a bit lighter. :beer:

- js.

catflap 09-10-02 05:41 PM

hi jack.

i knew i was sort of 'famous', but i had no idea that my notoriety/infamous-ness stretched this far. :D

SA_Dave 10-10-02 12:09 PM

Quote:

i suppose that 'speedup' is like fasttrack accelerator or dietk download accelerator? so, do i really need speedup if i have dietk?
Speedup is just another name for FTA. If you're happy with dietk's d/l accelerator, then FTA/speedup is probably unnecessary. I prefer FTA because it has more options, which is important to me as a modem user.

Quote:

also, like i said, i've blocked the dietk urls because when i turned on my dietk with grokster, it gave me adware/spyware/cookies which ad-aware identified. so now my grokster browser is blank. is there another place to get dietk downloads/updates?
Ask around on these or the k-lite boards. I can't help you anymore than that because I personally don't use it.

Quote:

i have a hosts file i got from dietk in the past, and now i've downloaded the hosts files from these other links. should i just copy/paste their contents into my hosts file, or can i have more than 1 hosts file with winme, like a 'hosts1' or 'hosts2 file?
You can just c&p, but it's much easier using Hostess. It's very convenient for editing & merging hosts files.

Quote:

i use ptrack. is there any reason why i should use 'dat view' instead?
ptrack is great for profile-switching, but the renaming & viewing features aren't that great. The dat viewer gives you more control ie. it allows you to make backups, compress partial files to save disk-space or even process partial .avi files for previewing.