P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Political Asylum (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Si se puede! (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=24692)

Ðiego 04-11-08 09:27 PM

Si se puede!

multi 05-11-08 12:04 AM

CONGRATULATIONS USA !

:beer:

JackSpratts 05-11-08 08:41 AM

Thank You Australia! :D

Nicobie 05-11-08 06:26 PM

:PE:

Any idea when I can expect my:

Tax cut for 95% of the people
Health care as good as people in the senate and congress have
Troops out of the middle east NOW
Energy problem solved with out drilling or nuclear.

I wish him the best of luck :CD:

Ðiego 05-11-08 07:15 PM

Quote:

Tax cut for 95% of the people
You should try reading, listening, learning. He's calling for a tax cut for 95% of working people, not just people. You have a problem returning to the pre-Bush tax status? You have a problem with people, middle-class working people, the engine of the nation, having a little more money in their pockets? Why?

Quote:

Health care as good as people in the senate and congress have
As soon as he can get it through. it will be your choice to stay with the health care plan you have now, if you have one now, or to join the government pool. notice the word 'choice'.

Quote:

Troops out of the middle east NOW
CLUE: 16 month withdrawal schedule already called for by Obama and in negotiation by Bush and the Iraqi government. How did you miss this?

Quote:

Energy problem solved with out drilling or nuclear
The only person who said Obama is against nuclear is McCain. Obama believes in nuclear but feels it is important to have a solution to the problem of what to do with the waste. Mind if he stores it in your back yard until a better solution evolves?

Really dude, get over yourself. McCain is a retard who would throw out any pander to get a cheer. he wasn't the future of this country any more than the religious 'conservatives' who took over the Republican party.

I have just the site for you m8: freerepublic.com. You will find much love for your hate there. MUCH love..

BTW: welcome to tomorrow

Ð :S:

vernarial 06-11-08 12:13 PM

I choose to be more reserved in my optimism. I just don't think he is really gonna bring the deep reform we need in Washington. It seems like alot of people are like, 'Yea! Our country is fixed! Everything is gonna be better!'. I know he couldn't be as evil as Bush, so it must be a little better, but I don't see Obama bringing about the real fundamental change to Washington we need to get the government working for the people again instead of working for big money and special interests.

theknife 07-11-08 06:15 AM

this is a healthy start: http://www.change.gov/

vernarial 07-11-08 11:14 AM

That is nothing. It's a frikin' website. Promises and words mean jack. I want to see some real change. Some action. Then I'll talk about a healthy start.

theknife 07-11-08 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vernarial (Post 263665)
That is nothing. It's a frikin' website. Promises and words mean jack. I want to see some real change. Some action. Then I'll talk about a healthy start.

gee, only got elected 72 hours ago...what would you like him to do, given that he's not gonna be the Prez until January? wave a magic wand?

Ðiego 07-11-08 05:35 PM

Wasn't the press conference refreshing? It was like talking to someone who knew what he was about and wasn't afraid to talk to the people about it, openly and honestly. And with a blatant intelligence. And humor.

Who'd have thought government could act in such a way! Preposterous!

Nicobie 07-11-08 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknife (Post 263666)
gee, only got elected 72 hours ago...what would you like him to do, given that he's not gonna be the Prez until January? wave a magic wand?

Well Yes!

That is what most who voted for him expect.

Ðiego 07-11-08 06:44 PM

No, what we expect, and will get, is a government run by adults, for adults.

Nicobie 07-11-08 07:08 PM

Why would you expect that?

Remember the democrap water carrier came from Chicago, undoubtably the most corrupt city around.

Nicobie 07-11-08 07:17 PM

Si se puede!

I think that means;

We can live on govm'nt potatoes.:bdance:

In a govm'nt house

AFJROTC_c/SSgt 07-11-08 11:33 PM

I would like the following to now eat it in their faces:

Albed,
and that guy with the Wolf avatar who has Turrets

vernarial 08-11-08 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknife (Post 263666)

No, but I don't even see it as a start. Maybe I'm just too cynical, but I see a website like that and I think the politicians are just trying to placate the masses. Just a ploy to make the people feel like they actually have a say, when behind the scenes it's business as usual. I'd have liked him to not appoint a hawkish chief of staff. If he appoints Ben Bernanke as Secretary of the Treasury, I will be pissed. I hope the new stimulus package he is touting doesn't go to those who don't really need it. I know where he said the stimulus needs to go, but I hope there isn't alot more going to big business. I just don't trust politicians until they prove themselves. We, as a country have been burned by politicians for too long. Even before Bush. We have been lied to by pretty much every president. For a long time they have allowed business to run rampant and worked in their interest to the detriment of the average American. I want real reform, and so far after 3 days it looks to me like more of the same. Maybe not exactly the same, but the fundamentals are too similar. I'll give the guy a chance, but I just think everyone is praising him before he has really changed anything. Unlike Diego, what I expect is a government run by big money, for big money. We'll see if it's any different. Sorry for the rant. I just don't see a government website as a healthy start.

theknife 08-11-08 07:55 AM

you couldn't possibly anymore cynical than i...but where you see only a website, i see an instant and refreshing departure from the previous administration. while there is clearly a marketing angle to the change.gov site, there is a also a very clear agenda laid out, complete with policy goals, transition details, etc - a blueprint, if you will, of where the Obama administration would like to take the country. that is a healthy start, if for no other reason then, since he's not actually president yet, it's all he really can do.

edit: if the Bush administration had put out something similar, we would have all been as appalled up front as we are now, because it would have read something like this: 1) consolidate exectutive power to an unprecedented degree, 2) establish the office of VP as a fourth branch of government, 3) purge all departments for ideological purity 4)expand government powers to include spying on citizens, 5) limit habeas corpus and other Consitutional rights...etc etc ad nauseum.

Ðiego 08-11-08 08:56 AM

Quote:

undoubtably the most corrupt city around
No, that would be Juneau..

Ðiego 08-11-08 03:10 PM

Sarah Palin and the Republican party summed up..

Mazer 09-11-08 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknife (Post 263663)
this is a healthy start: http://www.change.gov/

Um... since when is there a government Department of Change? That site needs to change to www.change.com. He hasn't even been inaugurated and he's already committing petty crime. (where's the tongue-in-cheek smiley?)