P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Kazaa at war with KazaaLite (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=10609)

napho 18-04-02 01:45 PM

Kazaa at war with KazaaLite

KazaaLite is squeezing the Sharman Networks and they dun like dat. :N: Tough!

http://www.wired.com/news/mp3/0,1285,51916,00.html

goldie 18-04-02 02:33 PM

Oh my gawd -

Quote:

Kazaa Lite has caught the attention of Sharman Networks, the Australian company that purchased Kazaa earlier this year, and in a statement released Wednesday said that the company, "will vigorously defend our rights and take action against parties engaged in misrepresenting our software. Consumers are being deceived with ripped off and highly suspect code, and we are determined that their rights, enjoyment and machines are not prejudiced."

Well Sharman - yall sure got alotta balls to talk about someone dumping "suspect code"?!! HA!

It also seems they do a good enough job misrepresenting their "own" software all by themselves!

Wada bunch of a royal flamin' hypocrites!
:sus: :sus: :shk:

TankGirl 18-04-02 02:54 PM

Re: Oh my gawd -

Quote:

Originally posted by goldenrod
Wada bunch of a royal flamin' hypocrites!
:sus: :sus: :shk:

Ain't that the truth! :att:

Kudos to the mysterious "Juri" from Russia who created Kazaa Lite! All software that hurts spyware-based business plans of p2p ventures is a service to humankind... :BL: :beer: :tu:

- tg ;)

JackSpratts 18-04-02 02:55 PM

" [We] will vigorously...take action against parties engaged in misrepresenting our software. Consumers are being deceived with ripped off and highly suspect code, and we are determined that their rights, enjoyment and machines are not prejudiced." - sharmen networks

i see. that's a suicide note then.:p

- js.

assorted 18-04-02 11:28 PM

should i bother with KazaaLite? I, as always, use audiogalaxy for what I need but i am missing a program still for television shows and that occasional top 40 album banned on audiogalaxy. are there as many on fastrack now as there was when morpheus was ruling? should i bother?

napho 19-04-02 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by assorted
should i bother with KazaaLite? I, as always, use audiogalaxy for what I need but i am missing a program still for television shows and that occasional top 40 album banned on audiogalaxy. are there as many on fastrack now as there was when morpheus was ruling? should i bother?

The network is just as big as before. It's good to have around and spywarefree. :ND:

http://zeropaid.com/news/articles/auto/04182002b.php

VWguy 20-04-02 01:23 PM

Quote:

It is basically Morpheus with a slightly diffrent look. Works the same and the user base seems pretty good

I like it better then Audio galaxy.

albed 20-04-02 06:01 PM

Quote:

I had it for a couple days and everything on my comp. screwed up. Programs froze, starting burning coasters, half the time the only way to shutdown was to hold the start button in.

Uninstalled it and everything went back to normal, so take your chances.:NS:

VWguy 20-04-02 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by albed

I had it for a couple days and everything on my comp. screwed up. Programs froze, starting burning coasters, half the time the only way to shutdown was to hold the start button in.

Uninstalled it and everything went back to normal, so take your chances.:NS:

How would you rate your comp? High end, medium or low.

What OS? It could be your system couldn't handle the load? I know morpheus really messed up my old comp (500mhz K62 with 128 meg ram) but the new one is fine with it in both w2k and '98.

I would rate my machine on the high side of medium.

AMD Thunderbird 1200mhz
ABIT KT7E mb
384mb PC133 RAM
Maxtor 40gb HDD @ 7200 rpm (ATA100)

assorted 21-04-02 01:49 AM

I gave KazaaLite a whirl tonight and I liked. I got all the search results I needed and unlike WinMX/OpenNap the files were all actually available; I guess the Morpheus folks all switched over. So I guess this is what I'm using until the next time I'm forced to switch; hehe.

Btw; I'm running it on Win98 500mhz PII w/ 128MB of RAM with no problems.

albed 21-04-02 09:13 AM

I'm about the same: Win98, HP, Pentium3, 533MHz, 20+40GB, 256MB SDRAM. Maybe I should have defragged first. I did it after, trying to get rid of the problems and it didn't help. Otherwise I followed the rules for installing software.

I did like the functionallity though. Maybe I'll try it again someday with a fresh copy.:hmm: