P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   The Music (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   A song from my sister's new album (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=19942)

Maze 25-07-04 12:04 PM

A song from my sister's new album

Debbie Maze - Hero.mp3 < right click-save as

It's just some nice easy going blues. She wrote the lyrics and did the piano work. She has a unique voice and I thought it was in fine shape there! ...but then I'm a little biased...lol

Couldn't help but want you Napsterites to hear it.

< click for larger pic

cheapprick 26-07-04 10:58 PM

I got a "can't connect" error.

Kris404 27-07-04 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheapprick
I got a "can't connect" error.

Try to get the MP3 instead.. :p

Dawn 27-07-04 05:15 PM

I totally love it Tom. :)

cheapprick 27-07-04 07:03 PM

Nice. She has a strong voice.

chrisooc 27-07-04 07:18 PM

Very nice song and a very nice voice. I hope Debbie builds a very successful music career.

fokker 28-07-04 08:51 PM

Not bad. She sounds a bit like Chrissie Hynde.

Maze 30-07-04 12:18 PM

Thank You! Kris, Dawn, cheapprick, chrisooc, and fokker-(oh, she'll like that) !

I want you guys to like it 'cause someday I'll show her this thread and it'll make her feel mighty fine ...especially coming from you Napsterites!

Cheers
Tom

albed 30-07-04 04:36 PM

Needs another verse or shortened, too much repetition. Sounds OK though, like Chrissy Hynde yep.

Maze 03-08-04 06:33 AM

I really like your straightforwardness and honesty albed because those were my thoughts too. I thought maybe shortened or tightened up along with a new verse to pull the whole thing together ...wondered about strings or an orchestra in places too? ...appreciate your comments dude ...they were right on it. :tu:

One could say "Chrissy Hynde" with this song I suppose ...but back in the early 80's (god I wish I were 18 and 19 again) she was compared to Pat Benatar. Debbie & I and Pat lived in Richmond, Virginia at the time, and Debbie and Pat kind of "rivaled" a bit ...but Pat's truely gifted operatically trained voice won out as we have all seen. Who doesn't love Pat Benatar? Just listen to "You Better Run" & "Treat Me Right" :ND: ...(Debbie can cover those songs perfectly down to the last detail)...lol

It's funny, Pat Benatar and her husband have a close relationship and a close working musical relationship ...and so does my sister Debbie and her husband...

God bless the spiritual warriors in our world.

These days, Debbie is content to sell her songs to established artists. (I was surprised to learn she wrote the lyrics and music and performed these songs herself...all songs are copyrighted) She says it's too much work to go through hair & makeup & wardrobe and knock your ass off on the road goin' on tour not knowing where the hell you are and dealing with insincere slimy characters ...when she's so peacefully content in her beautiful home. Can't say I much blame her. (not to mention she saw MTV's attempts to turn Pat into a dancin' slut.)

In 1982 I had this career mapped out for Deb. MTV was just happening and I thought it'd be cool to have a Marilyn Monroe type in videos...then Madonna came along and did just about what I had in mind ...but Debbie is far prettier...the real thing ...It was wrong and unfair of me (something I learned and understand now) to try to push that on Deb ...it's not in her character ...she finds the whole thing too fake ...and has much larger plans ...she's out to save the world. :hmm:

Can you hear an adoring brother here?...lol ...what can I say, I love my sister...always wished she could be recognized too. ...She's got it...in spades ...I'm going to do something with this! 'cause basically I think I'm P.T. Barnum at heart...lol

What you're hearing here I don't know quite how to classify...southern rock, easy listening, ballad? ...but you should hear her ROCK!

Here's a few other songs from Deb: (right click - save target as...on the titles)

An inspiritional thought for us all ...just let love guide us out of the darkness:
Walk On

The boyfriends Deb left in the dust. ...lol...she's as bad as I am.
Dust In My Tracks

Every girl on this earth has felt like this about a guy at one time or another. Debbie wrote this song for her husband Matt:
You Are The One

PS: I see only a few of my favorite posters. Come on guys...post ...it takes two seconds of yer time to make a girl feel good! (unless she insists on longer...LMAO) ...Šiego is right about me. (nuther thread) ... C'est la Vie

HellBound 08-08-04 08:04 PM

I downloaded these at work the other day....then had some things to do over the weekend so didnt get to post..

Dust in my tracks and You are the one are the ones i liked the best.

one of the ladies i work with was walking by when hero was playing and asked me to send it to her

When i was listening to them, her voice reminded me of someone, but now i cant remember who....its been a long weekend.

Helly

multi 08-08-04 08:54 PM

yeh its good
not exactly my cup of tea..but i thought it sounded pretty polished..nice lookin lady too...:tu:

malvachat 09-08-04 03:07 AM

I have been thinking

Like hells bells.
Your sister reminds me of someone.
Give me a little time it will come to me.
Liked her stuff.

http://www.kellymueller.com/

http://www.kellymueller.com/page65.html

She is a featured artist on bearshare.

gazdet 12-08-04 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maze

It's just some nice easy going blues. She wrote the lyrics and did the piano work. She has a unique voice ..

Deb's sounds great mate.. (plus she's a bit of a hottie too :D )

I liked the musical progression at the start, the strummed guitar chords had a definate "hook" to them

combined with Deb's totally "Drive time cruisey " intro vocals ....it worked.

The drum progression to the first chorus was well put together. (ok I'm biased here :p )

Only thing I would remix is the chorus, I don't think the band backed Debbie's timing, however the " on the day studio blues" can account for most of that fiddly stuff. ;)

Overall I feel with some extra production she'd have a hit single with it. :cool:

Good stuff! :tu:

(off to check out the others. )

Maze 12-08-04 07:42 PM

mult: It's not exactly my cup of tea either to be honest...LOL:BL: ...but the genuine, heartfelt emotion in the singing I admire ...and that's always nice ...I was rather stunned when she sent me this CD recently ...I knew she could sing...but not like this! ...oh well, I'm biased.

Hellbound: I've heard 10 different people the past couple of weeks say: "her voice remindes me of so & so" ...and it'd be 10 different vocalists ...I think that might be a good thing!!!:)

malvachat: There is a similarity there!

I loved your comments gaz! ...especially: "totally drive time cruisey vocals" :AP:

Her husband Matt is the drummer. ...and I agree...more production. Seems like this kind of thing could use violins and orchestration ...but what do I know? You wouldn't believe how much of it was just simply done on a computer. These constructive comments they'll learn from! :ND:

I rather liked this one... and you can hear the "cruisey" stuff here... :cool:
Debbie Maze - Change In You < click

This one is just plain ole country...lol...sell this one to Shania Twain...:p
Debbie Maze - Ride Away < click

I love Debbie ...but I swear, after hearing this for a while,
I have to go listen to something like...
"Prodigy - Firestarter"...lol

Cash-- 12-08-04 09:59 PM

Wow,
She's really good maze
Btw, dunno if it was done on the computer or not, but i like the guitar riff on dust in my tracks bout 2 minutes into the song...

Her vocals are great, but I like the music that goes with it also.

Oh she is a hottay also wooot!