P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   The Music (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Existentialism, a pale complexion and a miserable childhood (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=9978)

JackUzi 22-03-02 02:29 PM

Existentialism, a pale complexion and a miserable childhood

Anyone here like The Cure?

naz 22-03-02 06:30 PM

:sus:
you do

JackUzi 22-03-02 06:39 PM

Like, duh:RE: :RE:

JackUzi 22-03-02 07:14 PM

I just spent a Friday listening to Cure albums (17 seconds, Faith,3 imaginary boys, The top...not even the best Cure albums) watching crows fight outside my window. Jesus, wtf? am i fifteen? They are one of the best bands ever. Look at their range...bleak, depressing, miserable...eh, hypnotic, intense,miserable again..."Bananafishbones" has this weird drunken seasick carnival feel to it. Fantastic song as is "A forest" and "La ment" and "Boys dont cry" and.. See, I just took my elder brother's Cure records and I havent listened to 'em since I was a teenager so I'm getting this Proustian rush right now...So Cureheads! What are yr favorite Cure songs...lemme know! Next time u see me naz, I'll be wearing mascara, lace cuffs, pointy boots and reading a battered copy of "The outsider" or some shit like that. This is bad for me!...but I cant help it!!:RS:

:

naz 22-03-02 10:14 PM

weirdo :eek:

Malk-a-mite 22-03-02 10:51 PM

Hi my name is Robert Smith and I'm more depressed than you.

No thanks.

dead_frog 23-03-02 04:39 AM

C

Quote:

Originally posted by JackUzi
So Cureheads! What are yr favorite Cure songs...lemme know! Next time u see me naz, I'll be wearing mascara, lace cuffs, pointy boots and reading a battered copy of "The outsider" or some shit like that. This is bad for me!...but I cant help it!!:RS:
:

I'm not a Curehead but what do you think are the best songs- and look at it from the point of view of someone who has no idea and wants the stuff that will hook them. (No filler! :) )

:BB:

Bronxie 23-03-02 08:13 AM

Re: Existentialism, a pale complexion and a miserable childhood

Quote:

I do. I gotz their greatest hits :cool:
My fav songs are
Why cant i be u
Just like heaven (One of my favorite faves :)
lullaby
fascination street
burn
lovesong (another favorite
pictures of u
:tu:

LV15 23-03-02 08:27 AM

the cure were/are good, some top tunes have been penned by the boys in black eyeliner.

But who needs the cure when you have the smiths?

and the smiths never dressed like goths...

and the cure never had johnny marr.....

no contest really

(although the cure remix album is first rate...can't remember what its called....but the mix of lullaby on there is groovy shit)

JackUzi 23-03-02 08:45 AM

You're right. The Smiths are better (better lyrics, better melodies) but The Smiths are one of those bands like The Pixies who I cant listen to any more cos I know their songs like the back of my hand.

HellBound 23-03-02 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LV15

(although the cure remix album is first rate...can't remember what its called....but the mix of lullaby on there is groovy shit)

are you talking about

The Cure - Mixed Up

some other good songs would be

Shake Dog Shake
3 imaginary boys
Lullaby
Facination Street
Why Can't I be You
Shiver and Shake

if you like the Cure, do you also like

Dead Can Dance
Depeche Mode

HellBound

BuzzB2K 23-03-02 08:05 PM

Re: Existentialism, a pale complexion and a miserable childhood

Quote:

Charlotte Sometimes hears Other Voices saying, "Lets take The Walk in A Forest."
"I think I saw The Caterpillar Killing an Arab in The Hanging Garden" she said.
"It's 10:15 Saturday Night", I said, "Let's Go to Bed and Play for Today, because we're The Lovecats."
Boys Don't Cry was my Primary concern as I told her "You should be Close to Me on A Night Like This"
"We can spend our In Between Days Jumping Someone Else's Train"

Staring at the Sea: The Singles -- The Cure (1986)

twinspan 24-03-02 02:24 AM

Quote:

LV wrote:
But who needs the cure when you have the smiths?

and the smiths never dressed like goths...

and the cure never had johnny marr.....
and Robert Smith never dressed with a pot plant hanging out the back of his trousers...

BTW I don't suppose anyone could use Indy's Sig2Dat to come with the hashes for all their greatest hits, so I could d/l automatically with Kazaa? (Yes, I am incredibly lazy. I need help. Yours.)

twinspan

---------------------------
Have arse. Will shake it for pop millions.

theknife 09-04-02 07:10 PM

The Cure rocks and they always have....

From dancing to Primary in the New Wave clubs in 1981 to spending long nights listening to the Out Of This World remix whilst contemplating a failed relationship throughout 2001, The Cure have been an underappreciated and consistent force in music for 20 years for me and a lot of other people.

Cure remixes are particularly potent, imo...including such greats as The Walk, Fascination Street, Wrong Number and many others...