P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   WinMX just got upgraded (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=13681)

napho 20-10-02 03:51 AM

WinMX just got upgraded

and not a minute too soon. This version (3.31) seems to work better for me.

http://www.winmx.com/download

JackSpratts 20-10-02 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i still can't browse the files of users' i'm downloading from on wpn (opennap is ok). this is my entire menu option:

- js.

daddydirt 20-10-02 09:33 AM

jack are you r clicking the file or the user?

JackSpratts 20-10-02 10:07 AM

there's only one line and it covers everything, users and files etc so it's all the same.

- js.

daddydirt 20-10-02 02:36 PM

gotta click the + on the left then r click the user and you can browse......at least i can;)

JackSpratts 20-10-02 03:32 PM

doesn't work with the peer network here.

- js.

goldie 20-10-02 03:53 PM

Me no likey winnie 3.3 too much either.

My puter absolutely HATES it!!

Maybe i'll give the upgrade a whirl but I won't be optimistic about it.

:MAD:

nanook 20-10-02 03:59 PM

hmmmm.
an upgrade already.
i'll give it a try.

Jadesun 20-10-02 04:01 PM

Seems a little better, but certainly nothing to write home about;)

goldie 20-10-02 04:26 PM

well.....it least it's not sending my puter into convulsive seizures when i load it :tu:

Winnie has made it mandatory to install memory watcher though.............(thanks snarkie)

Hopefully they'll work out the rest of the bugs.

:er:

nanook 20-10-02 05:37 PM

well.
that's much better.
thank goodness they went back to the old interface.
i just got the song i've been trying to get for over a week now.
i like it.
i didn't say i love it, but the changes they have made, please me.
oh how i've missed my winmx.

p.s........thanks napho!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but u didn't post this at .org, eh
or did i miss it?

pod 21-10-02 09:49 AM

So, uh, what's new? I didn't notice any differences. Installed it, and it runs like a champ, as usual. Finally found the 2 missing parts of Max Graham's live set :)

The only thing I've noticed, with the recent versions, is that at some point cancelling a dowload stopped removing the partial file. Which is good, except that even empty files don't get removed. You gotta click 'Load Incomplete' and delete all of them. Will have to test whether this got fixed when I get home.

JackSpratts 21-10-02 10:31 AM

unlike ft, partial files still remain after clearing. i take them out using explorer. they may be removed automatically when winmx closes but i didn't wait around to see. i'd still like a really current wsx file, or a way to tell if one is good or not besides waiting for connections to complete. it's hit or miss.

still i'll say it again, were it not for the amazingly bad queues, this would be one of the best p2ps around. maybe the best overall. i just don't understand why their lines are so much worse than everyone elses.

- js.

spstn 21-10-02 03:06 PM

So, You Think Your Queues Are Bad

I never used WMX based on the comments about unbearable long queues posted here (and my ordeal with Lemmonwire), but I'm having my own winmx-like experience with soulseek.

Anything with less than 100 BPM in it is a trip to the funny farm.

Right now, a few samples: 322, 56, 61, 253, and yesterday a record of 3330 which I find hard to believe without someone tinkering with their files.

Who in his right mind is going to wait that long ?

I guess this is going to be norm after Kazaa goes too.

:S:

Dawn 21-10-02 05:02 PM

Yippee

A new and upgraded Winmx for new and upgraded queues :tu:

Haole 21-10-02 05:35 PM

Re: So, You Think Your Queues Are Bad

Quote:

Originally posted by spstn

Who in his right mind is going to wait that long ?

I hate to say it but download privileges are greatly improved after the $5 donation to Soulseek. I've had queued d/ls 300 deep startup within minutes, so the place in line is sometimes deceiving.

spstn 21-10-02 11:12 PM

Brave New World

Free copyrighted material. Paid P2P programs.

Nice business model.

And we can call it "free2$$$" too.

:S: :f:

Ps: $5 every 30 days for 90 % 100+ BPM content it looks like too much, even for The Orb.