P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   A private DC++ Hub (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=19745)

GameShark 02-07-04 07:56 AM

A private DC++ Hub

I searched for a thread like this but nothing of the sort came up. I was thinking that this forum should start it's own private DC hub using the memebers here who want in.

I attempted to make a private hub for another forum I was associated with, but I failed miserbaly. If anyone has the resources to make a strong DC hub, it would be awesome! We don't have to worry about the ridiculous high share requirments, or any outsiders invading in.

Maybe something to consider?

theknife 02-07-04 10:38 AM

hmmm...a small private hub where we could share files and exchange content...you might be onto something there.

[RR]Trilobyte 02-07-04 05:11 PM

Private DC hubs are great. Great community atmosphere for sharing and chat. Excluding Waste, probably the safest communal place to share your files amongst peers you trust. If this gets off the ground, I would like to be considered for admittance.

GameShark 02-07-04 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [RR]Trilobyte
Private DC hubs are great. Great community atmosphere for sharing and chat. Excluding Waste, probably the safest communal place to share your files amongst peers you trust. If this gets off the ground, I would like to be considered for admittance.

Yes! Exactly why we should all try to create one. The thing is, does anyone have a server at home? The computer needs to be on with the hub open 24/7, or maybe we have a certain amount of hours. However, we are all from different parts of the world. Different timezones could make things confusing.

If anyone has any knowledge of setting one up, please do share and help me out. The problem here is I don't have a PC that I can keep on 24/7.

emmy 03-07-04 08:41 PM

I would be very interested in this if it gets started! :tu:

BTW:
If this is supposed to be private, do we want it in this forum where guests can clearly see what we're up to?

JackSpratts 03-07-04 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmy
If this is supposed to be private, do we want it in this forum where guests can clearly see what we're up to?

Open forums are appropriate to create interest and announce new projects. Use PM's when private correspondence is called for.

- js.

emmy 03-07-04 10:06 PM

Aw, gotcha! :)

Reckon that should have been common sense to me.

Squid 04-07-04 01:49 AM

hi i work for the riaa and the mpaa and i would like to join the group. please let me in as i only want to do some "market research" :N:

emmy 04-07-04 06:55 AM

:D

Fuzzy_trb 12-02-05 01:57 AM

strong dc Hub

are you all still wanting a private dc hub if so let me now i have one running at the moment it is new and needs some good ppl to make it great.

fokker 12-02-05 02:23 AM

Actually, I'm an admin on a private hub. (although I don't visit as often as I used to) I could certainly make it available to the forum members here. The people on this hub are mostly the former regulars from the Napigator forum. There is usually around 4 or 5 TB available.