P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Have you got patience with your downloads (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=13410)

napho 30-09-02 04:10 PM

Have you got patience with your downloads

or do you have a quick trigger finger and look elsewhere?
If a movie doesn't start in 15 minutes I get on a couple other programs instead. I assume some people have files that haven't finished in months.

Dawn 30-09-02 04:52 PM

I use eDonkey for movies. I gots the patience of a saint. ;)

MagicMorpheus 30-09-02 05:08 PM

I have patience but only because I know I'm getting everything for free :), unlike some people:
"Ah man! This movie is going 50 kb/s! Stupid thing won't be done for 5 hours! This network sucks!"

JackSpratts 30-09-02 05:36 PM

i keep dialing 'till i get it but if i can't find it anywhere i'll leave it up on ft to grab eventually.

- js.

Kris404 30-09-02 08:14 PM

Im very patient with my downloads.. But lately, WinMX is trying to change all that

twinspan 01-10-02 10:48 AM

"patience is a card game"

I don't have the patience or the hard drive space to dedicate to week-long/month-long downloads à la Donkey. If I can't get something from FastTrack, I head to IRC and look for an FServe with a high min CPS rate.

only after a few netsplits and DALnet disconnects will I turn to eDonkey and begin to wait.... and wait... and wait...

Haole 01-10-02 11:05 AM

Hey, time is money, right?
Question is: Are you patient with your uploads?

No doubt, AudioGalaxy was awesome in terms of finding anything and getting it quickly. Even when I got the wrong file it took only seconds to get the right one.

Winmx--forget it! One should have a copy of "Autobiography of a Yogi" nearby when trying to dl (unless of course you trade).

Soulseek is slower, in a sense that you can only dl one file at a time from a user, but patience pays off big here! The selection here is unmatched, IMHO. And just being able to dl a complete CD in a folder cuts down on all the tedious work that needs to be done with other p2ps.

thinker 03-10-02 01:43 PM

WinMX used to be great, but not anymore. If you're still on 2.6, you don't get to use WPNP - a lot like the NapINC forced upgrades most of us recall, and what's more, there isn't a place on the WinMX site anymore to get cache addresses, etc. so you can config. Sucks, really, but the sadest thing is, I haven't yet found anything better than WinMX's shell of its former self. iMesh, Blubster, KaZaA...please. I'd give aG a chance if I could ever download it from their site, and I haven't had a run at Limewire yet either. Last night I actually had a six hour connection (a rarity considering my shit modem, shit box and the shit phone lines around here - for those of you living in caves, yes, I'm still on dial-up) but what did it go for? About 5% of a 40 meg file. If I had a dedicated connection and could wait around for a couple of days for a download to start, yeah, I guess it wouldn't be so bad. Oh, and yes, I do have downloads that haven't finished in months. Surprise.

WilliamdeWorde 13-10-02 08:43 AM

patience is a virtue.

it's all free anyhow.

I think audiognome is pretty cool, Soulseek does what does slowly, but for speed (read movies) FastTrack is the one. Be it Grokster or Kazaalite or even iMesh.

:S:

zombywoof 13-10-02 11:48 AM

I got trigger finger. Common shit on p2p, I'll go for the fastest d/l. Harder to find stuff, I go to the quickest, available source possible. Queues and wait times are a last resort.

ONEMANBANNED 13-10-02 08:58 PM

nope : short attention span:beer: