P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   We're getting close- now it's WinMX beta 10 (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=11062)

Snarkridden 10-05-02 02:54 PM

We're getting close- now it's WinMX beta 10

No its NOT, its damned 11, they are moving quicker than I can install... Grrrr

9 yesterday, then 10, now 11

Save your self all the aggro of re-configuring everytime, just installl the new versions (unless told otherwise) into a different path, then when you are done, just copy over the new .EXE file into your old folder (Default is C:\Programfiles\WinMXBETA )

Seems it only the executable that is being patched up, no other files are changed in any significant way.

Takes 5 mins to upgrade then, so let them sling beta's as fas as they like... I'll be with them

All the way... Snark..
:W:

Vladd44 13-05-02 11:24 AM

and now there were 12.......

Snarkridden 13-05-02 01:01 PM

12 indeed, but be careful

I suggest you handle WinMx beta 12 very carefully, afterall it is only ONE more than 11 and as we have become accustom to leaps of two versi ons at a time, perhaps we should all tolerate the nagging a little longer?

For example the "auto-retry" has returned in favour of the "auto-complete, which is a much better feature... I've not found any other major problems YET, the right click on file "PLAY" still does NOT work, and has not since Beta 1 you have to use "OPEN" to play an MP3 file.

Just a minor niggle, but one that contradicts the intuitive windows actions .

Seems I was wrong on the precice timing of the final version 3.0, maybe another 4-5 beta's are due first... Whatever they will not get there until we all complain/suggest no more, by that time I expect version 4.0 will come out, and we'll start all over again... Ho Hum..

Snark.:shk:

Edit: I'm going back to bed... Auto-complete only comes up on the WNP protocol... now who said anything else? grrrrrr

ssj4_android 13-05-02 02:07 PM

Why do they block old versions? They need a more decenteralized network. I mean, have more places to get ips from.

pod 13-05-02 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssj4_android
Why do they block old versions? They need a more decenteralized network. I mean, have more places to get ips from.
They don't AFAIK. I was running an older beta for a while before I realized 8 was out. What happens is what is supposed to happen with the fasttrack network: same versions interoperate and form their own networks. It will take much longer for an old beta to connect, as people move over to the new version.

thinker 14-05-02 06:18 AM

Well, still on 12...for now. May change in a couple of hours the way they've been going. I really believe they want 3.0 final out before Friday, which is the one-year anniversary of 2.6. I'm glad they haven't put decimals behind the betas yet. ;)

TankGirl 14-05-02 12:17 PM

WinMX 3.1 out?

According to Slyck version 3.1 of WinMX is out. WinMX's own site was down though, perhaps too many eager downloaders... :BL:

Multisourced downloads were not explicitely mentioned in Slyck's feature list but I suppose they are still there...

- tg ;)

JackSpratts 14-05-02 12:22 PM

i couldn't get in either. no hurry. they're not going anywhere and i've got 2.6 and the beta.

- js.

JackSpratts 14-05-02 12:38 PM

ok got it. try here.

- js.