P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   The Music (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Personal Anthem (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=21402)

Jadesun 13-04-05 05:34 AM

Personal Anthem

Is there any song for you... that when you hear it, you just 'stop doing or drop all' to listen...a song that really hits home or somehow touches your very inner you...

I have 3

Stairway to Heaven - L Z
Don't Fear The Reaper - B O C
Lucky Man - E, L & P
:AF:

PS: I forgot...(I don't know how I could have)....Amazing Grace on the bagpipes :hflag:

I almost forgot another..Nights In White Satin - Moody Blues. I just heard the song and forgot how much it meant.

Been listening to my music more than ever lately..especially my classic rock, I don't know if it' a turning '40' this year thing or what?

theknife 13-04-05 06:33 AM

you mean the kind of song that's so intensely personal that it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up? i can think of a couple, off-hand:

Lou Graham - Midnight Blue
Psychedelic Furs - Heaven
Richie Havens -- The Hawk

Jadesun 13-04-05 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknife
you mean the kind of song that's so intensely personal that it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up? i can think of a couple, off-hand:

Lou Graham - Midnight Blue
Psychedelic Furs - Heaven
Richie Havens -- The Hawk

No, no, not ones that you dislike, but a song that you really like, has more of a meaning to you, than just a fav tune...

Da Da Da by Trio, makes the hair on my neck stand up...how that song ever got past the recording stage is beyond me!!

legion 13-04-05 08:13 AM

the songs that hit home for some reason or another are:

1) pearl jam - release
2) jeff lang - 1952 vincent black lightning
3) reg gum - i was only 19
4) bram vermeulen - wedstrijd (dutch song)

theknife 13-04-05 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jadesun
No, no, not ones that you dislike, but a song that you really like, has more of a meaning to you, than just a fav tune...

Da Da Da by Trio, makes the hair on my neck stand up...how that song ever got past the recording stage is beyond me!!

when i say "makes the hair stand up", it's a good thing....means the song hits home in such a way that my body reacts to it physically (i literally get a prickly feeling at the base of my scalp). the ones i listed above are songs i love, songs that sound like they were written just for me or about me, songs that have become personal anthems :tu:

malvachat 13-04-05 10:32 AM

Like Jade,
Stairway.
First time ever I saw your face,Roberta Flack
and the opening bars to Paradise city or welcome to the jungle.
Both by Guns and Roses.
In fact I'm going to play them now.
All four if I can make my mind up which order.

multi 13-04-05 10:36 AM

Quote:

when i say "makes the hair stand up", it's a good thing....means the song hits home in such a way that my body reacts to it physically (i literally get a prickly feeling at the base of my scalp). the ones i listed above are songs i love, songs that sound like they were written just for me or about me, songs that have become personal anthems :tu:

i know what you mean some certain lead guitar still does that to me..

Jadesun 13-04-05 10:37 AM

Quote:

Sorry TK, I was thinking... hair standing up on neck as to loathe....my misunderstanding...:AF:

floydian slip 15-04-05 01:31 AM

Night Moves - Bob Seger... I had a 79 chevy tho.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond - PF

albed 15-04-05 08:58 AM

Badfinger - Baby Blue

Just playing it in my head gets my neck hairs up. Don't know why I never hear it on the oldies stations.

greatdj1 15-04-05 09:17 AM

November Rain - Guns and Roses
Live and let Die - Guns and roses
Something in the Way - Nirvana
White Flag - Dido
Stan - Eminem
Mockingbird - Eminem
Purple Rain - Prince (GOTTA BE LOUD!!!)