P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Political Asylum (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Leading Global Warming Skeptic changes mind after watching Al Gore Speak (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=22747)

miss_silver 20-08-07 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer (Post 257655)
I'm confident that we could survive almost anything, and the longer we exist the better our chances get. Before long we'll venture to other planets and then our fate will no longer be tied to this one alone. We won't go extinct before then.

Mazer?, are you only a child of GOD still playing in the garden of eden?

We are but a sneeze according to mother earth time. Some say we have been here 500 000 years, some other say 1 000 000 years... We still do not weigh in her balance for we are young ones, prone to tantrums, see current ADMIN.

Even if I do not procreate in the near future, I do hope some future generations will be able to thrive without gaz masks.

So far, the only living population that has survived it all are ants, roaches and moskitoes (see amber rocks)

Mazer, never in history of man that the planet has been that much polluted, so once again, either camp who is fligning poop at eachother will not solve this problem. Only global concience will IMHO.

Will you be part of it Hon?

Mazer 21-08-07 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_silver (Post 257661)
Mazer, never in history of man that the planet has been that much polluted

That's true enough, but I look out the window and I still see blue skies, green plants, white clouds. Everywhere I go there's something growing, even in the cracks in the pavement little plants manage to thrive. There may be more pollutants in the air and the water than ever before, but this planet is alive and so are we. And whatever made us, be it God or Mother Earth, made us good at survival.

albed 21-08-07 06:34 PM

A bad month for global warming.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...9/nbook119.xml

Quote:

Inconveniently, the 1930s were the hottest decade

...caused acute embarrassment to Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), exposing a serious flaw in its record of US surface temperatures since 1880.

instead of temperatures reaching their highest level in the past decade, the hottest year of the 20th century was not 1998 but 1934. Of the 10 warmest years since 1880, it turns out that four were in the 1930s and only three in the past decade.

The significance of this is that James Hansen, the head of GISS, has been Al Gore's closest scientific ally for nearly 20 years in promoting the global warming scare. The revised figures relate only to temperatures in North America but the fact that the pre-eminent scientific champion of the orthodoxy has been promoting erroneous data has considerable implications.

The expert responsible for spotting GISS's error was Stephen McIntyre, a Canadian computer analyst who four years ago scored the greatest coup in the history of this debate by demolishing the notorious "hockey stick" - the graph which purported to show temperatures flat-lining for centuries until they suddenly began an exponential rise in the late 20th century. The "hockey stick" was adopted as the supreme icon of the global warming lobby, led by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) which reproduced it no fewer than five times in its 2001 report. Since McIntyre exposed the mass of basic computer errors on which it was based, the IPCC in its most recent report quietly dropped it.

the latest satellite figures from the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) show that in recent years global temperatures have not continued to rise (as orthodox CO2 warming theory would suggest) but have flattened out at a level significantly lower than in 1998.

a study reported in Science finds that the increasing production of biofuels to combat climate change will release between two and nine times more CO2 into the atmosphere in the next 30 years than generating the same energy from fossil fuels.

the UK will not be able to comply with a European Council decision last March that the EU must derive 20 per cent of its energy from renewable sources by 2020. The officials have calculated that this could cost UK electricity users alone an additional £22 billion a year, nearly £1,000 a year for every household. This is 2 per cent of GDP, and double Sir Nicholas Stern's estimate for the entire cost of halting global warming. The officials predicted that the target is not remotely achievable anyway.

A final awkward finding comes from the world's leading expert on the financial costs of tackling global warming. Prof William Nordhaus, of Yale, has just published calculations showing that cuts in greenhouse gas emissions on the scale proposed by Gore might possibly save $12 trillion (£12,000bn) - but that their cost would be nearly three times as much, $34 trillion, more than half the world's GDP.
Funny how the global warming camp treats undesirable information just like the catholic church treats it's perverted priests.

miss_silver 22-08-07 12:59 PM

Judge Orders Bush Administration to Issue Global Warming

Quote:

Judge Orders Bush Administration to Issue Global Warming

Bloomberg

August 21, 2007

The Bush administration violated US law by failing to produce a study on the impact of global warming and must issue a summary by March, a federal judge ruled.

District Judge Saundra Armstrong in Oakland, California, said the U.S. government ``unlawfully withheld action'' required under the Global Change Research Act of 1990 to update a research plan and scientific assessment of climate change.

The law mandates the research plan should be revised every three years and the assessment every four years. The last research plan was in 2003 and the last assessment was published in 2000. Greenpeace International and two other environmental groups who say the U.S. government suppresses science on climate change sued in November seeking a court order to produce the reports.

``As the research plan is now more than a year overdue, the court orders that a summary of the revised proposed research plan be published in the Federal Register no later than March 1,'' Armstrong said in the order today. The scientific assessment must be produced by May 31, she said.

The administration will review the ruling before commenting, said White House spokeswoman Dana Perino. Calls to the U.S. Climate Change Science Program and Martin LaLonde, a Justice Department attorney involved in the case, weren't immediately returned.

President George W. Bush, citing economic reasons, in March 2001 rejected the Kyoto Protocol, a treaty among industrialized nations that would have required cuts in carbon dioxide emissions and other gases linked to global warming.

Government `Wrong'

The Bush administration said in court filings that it determined ``only recently that the initiation of a process to revise the research plan has become necessary and advisable'' and that the government has discretion about how to handle the revised reports, which Armstrong said was ``wrong.''

The reports may be completed by the end of the year, government lawyers said in court filings.

``This is the first court order specifically rebuking the Bush administration for suppressing climate change science,'' said Matthew Vespa, an attorney at the Center for Biological Diversity, one of the groups that sued. ``The report will provide updated information that all federal agencies will have to look at when assessing the impact of climate change.''

The case is Center for Biological Diversity v. Brennan, 06-7062, U.S. District Court, for the Northern District of California (San Francisco).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/a9...BsK_rFERYDW7oF

About damned time!!!

Sinner 22-08-07 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_silver (Post 257680)

To quote Lubos Motl, a former Harvard physicist…..those promoting the fear of man-made climate changes are "playing the children's game to scare each other."…..

Read these…

Washington DC – An abundance of new peer-reviewed studies, analysis, and data error discoveries in the last several months has prompted scientists to declare that fear of catastrophic man-made global warming “bites the dust” and the scientific underpinnings for alarm may be “falling apart.” The latest study to cast doubt on climate fears finds that even a doubling of atmospheric carbon dioxide would not have the previously predicted dire impacts on global temperatures. This new study is not unique, as a host of recent peer-reviewed studies have cast a chill on global warming fears.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...fed8&Issue_id=

Sizzling study concludes: Global warming 'hot air'
'You can spit, have same effect as doubling the carbon dioxide'

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57253

So it seems the problem is mother nature. How you we fix her??? We don’t. The strong survive, always have and always will.

albed 22-08-07 06:21 PM

The smart survive, the strongest man is nothing without tools and weapons.

Mazer 22-08-07 09:50 PM

Intelligence is a strength, so the strongest man is the smartest man. ;)

miss_silver 22-08-07 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinner (Post 257681)
To quote Lubos Motl, a former Harvard physicist…..those promoting the fear of man-made climate changes are "playing the children's game to scare each other."…..

Read these…

Washington DC – An abundance of new peer-reviewed studies, analysis, and data error discoveries in the last several months has prompted scientists to declare that fear of catastrophic man-made global warming “bites the dust” and the scientific underpinnings for alarm may be “falling apart.” The latest study to cast doubt on climate fears finds that even a doubling of atmospheric carbon dioxide would not have the previously predicted dire impacts on global temperatures. This new study is not unique, as a host of recent peer-reviewed studies have cast a chill on global warming fears.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...fed8&Issue_id=

Sizzling study concludes: Global warming 'hot air'
'You can spit, have same effect as doubling the carbon dioxide'

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57253

So it seems the problem is mother nature. How you we fix her??? We don’t. The strong survive, always have and always will.

Pashsaaaa. Think I just heard a sneeze... Ever think of becoming a rodeo clown and do us that favor? ;)

The strong to last on my knowledge are ants, roaches and muzzies, not humanity. We never were and never will, see wild kingdom where youngs learn to fly or fare for themselve within 2 months while exposed at that age, wound not survive.

BTW, got curious for you are still on my whatever peep I don't give a flying fuck list. Yes, I'm that crude.

Yeah right...

whatever for you are still on the no see list.

A novel idea... Why not become a rodeo clown?

I tend to repeat myself, I tend to repeat myself, I tend to repeat myself...

ya keyboard warrior, how come you are not in AF right now?

Thought you were a proud one coming form a "proud" military family ?!? How come you are not on MYSpace posting from Iraq or AF underfire?

Yeah... what is your reason again to not go to AF? After all you are a Canadian who support the troops, how come you are not over there?

Scared?

ChickenShit?

I can have no respect for one who proud himself from a military family and won't do shit to honor his title.

Better be a Rodeo Clown IMO.

PS : Replying to you was entertaining, please do come again :)

miss_silver 22-08-07 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer (Post 257687)

Beddy boy will not have the skills to survive.... unless he did learn to lick asses and much more.....:KA:

Oldest profession in the world reallly....

albed 23-08-07 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer (Post 257687)

World's Strongest Man. Notice the competition doesn't include a chess match.

But survival in difficult circumstances will likely require intelligence and strength.

Bullshitting ability may enable the parasitization of the less intelligent though, like priestly classes traditionally do, so you might make it Mazer. :BL:

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_silver (Post 257691)
Beddy boy will not have the skills to survive.... unless he did learn to lick asses and much more.....:KA:

I see m.s.'s strategy; :hystery: she'll starve.

Sinner 23-08-07 10:32 AM

Quote:

Pashsaaaa. Think I just heard a sneeze... Ever think of becoming a rodeo clown and do us that favor?
Naaa…. I would have to take like a $150,000 a year pay cut. I will stick with the Financial Services industry, it could be kinda fun but naaaa. Thanks for the idea tho.

Quote:

The strong to last on my knowledge are ants, roaches and muzzies, not humanity. We never were and never will, see wild kingdom where youngs learn to fly or fare for themselve within 2 months while exposed at that age, wound not survive.
Well, we all know your knowledge is very very limited. Besides hating Americans, seems you are good at that.

Quote:

BTW, got curious for you are still on my whatever peep I don't give a flying fuck list. Yes, I'm that crude.
No, you are not crude, just stupid.

Quote:

Yeah right...

whatever for you are still on the no see list.

A novel idea... Why not become a rodeo clown?
See above

Quote:

I tend to repeat myself, I tend to repeat myself, I tend to repeat myself...
I find that is what people do when they have a low IQ. Can’t think of anything new to say.

Quote:

ya keyboard warrior, how come you are not in AF right now?

Thought you were a proud one coming form a "proud" military family ?!? How come you are not on MYSpace posting from Iraq or AF underfire?

Yeah... what is your reason again to not go to AF? After all you are a Canadian who support the troops, how come you are not over there?

Scared?

ChickenShit?
Try reading in one of the 10 other threads in which you asked this very question. Unfortunately I don’t make the rules for the military.

Quote:

I can have no respect for one who proud himself from a military family and won't do shit to honor his title.

Better be a Rodeo Clown IMO.
What title? I am a Branch Manager at a Financial firm. That is my title. Because my father was in the Military in Ireland, --maybe try a read some old post when I talked about this, also I was born in Armagh and Catholic…do the math--, makes me have to join the military? When I said I “Grew Up” in a Military family it ment things were very strict. We did not get away with much. If I brought home a C from school there would be hell to pay, We were put into kickboxing at a young age to learn to fight and defend ourselves. It might sound bad but we were raised to respect others and I still played Hockey and rode dirt bikes like other kids I had a very normal up bringing, but when it came to school I better have been on the ball. So there is nothing in my background which said I had to join the army. It was my choice. I wanted the learn how to fly helicopters.

You can’t even keep on topic can you? Did you even graduate from high school? Unlike you I do support the troops but this is a thread about global warming. Try and keep up. Your name calling is getting boring. Esp. since you can’t think of anything new to say.

Quote:

PS : Replying to you was entertaining, please do come again
I feel guilty responding to you, It is like I am picking on the Mentally Challenged.

Mazer 23-08-07 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albed (Post 257694)
Bullshitting ability may enable the parasitization of the less intelligent though, like priestly classes traditionally do, so you might make it Mazer. :BL:

:N: Priestcraft is a sin in my religion, but I've never lacked for physical strength so you needn't worry about me.

albed 25-08-07 07:40 AM

You must lead a pretty easy life if you've never needed more strength than you had. But if faith can move mountains I suppose that's all you need.:CG:

Nicobie 25-08-07 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_silver (Post 257691)

Mazer is a whore?

Who is a whore?

Maybe U need to calm down and try to think things thru, before U sprew, all the hatred.

:scared: :scared: :scared:

miss_silver 25-08-07 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicobie (Post 257748)
Mazer is a whore?

Who is a whore?

Maybe U need to calm down and try to think things thru, before U sprew, all the hatred.

:scared: :scared: :scared:

Beddy boy aka albed you dork...

Now go take a hard look in the mirror and remember the shit you pulled on the B-Day thread Goldie started. Keep it up Nicobie, I will have to contact admin for your IP or any good decent Moderator over here for harassments and defamation. You sure as hell picked the wrong state to live in to pull that shit for I heard that California has made it a FELONY to stalk someone from the internet like you did previously.

If the Admin doesn't comply, i'll go to the server that is hosting this site and tell that the admin allows this shit to go on, thus pressuring Gaz (got that grand pubha) to either reveal that IP of yours so I can press charges toward your ISP for using your connection to Harrass me and insult me at every chance you get. If your ISP realize this and all the hateful post you made and being bound to californian law, you will be dumped by them like a sac of rotten taters.

Gazdet, I know this is your board but let one like that again slide... You do know that Nicobie has been bitching over 5 years of being banned from other board, wonder why :PO: If you cannot figure it out, maybe i'll be forced to remind you?

Sick and tired of being his target for this last year, if you allow it to continue, I will take actions, just a fair warning toward your's truly and the dillweed for while you protect him and only delete posts, you are as guilty as he is for allowing his behavior in the eye of the Law and mine. In my views, by not taking action against his hateful post, you also view me as a... figure out the rest. Will not bother going to PM you again for it is a waste of time.

I do not ask for his banning, just that you give HIM the same consideration as you gave sinner, more than once, GOT IT?

I can and I will shut him up if I get his IP to track him to his IPS, can<t wait to call them.

So Gazdet, where do you stand in all of this?

Enough is Enough Gaz, Either you do something about it for he will come back with bitchier stances for you let him slide on this one, or I will.

I fondly remember Ranger 121 on the original napster board saying the same thing to another member over there, only threat from the law shut the other party up.

Will have to PM ranger to remember who it was but i'm quite sure it is our reformed Pisser :hflag:

Gazdet, I will not take this shit anymore, your call is next...

albed 26-08-07 02:59 AM

There's an ignore function that you are fully aware of, if you choose not to use it then you have nobody to blame for being upset at what you read than yourself.

And you might want to review some of your own very offensive posts before you start bitching about someone else's.

Must be that time of the month.:CU::BRC:

multi 26-08-07 06:26 AM

I think this might be blowing up out of proportion a little... in the Admin's defence I don't think they have been here more than once or twice over the last few months

The moderators that are here could do a bit more , but probably don't want to without getting an ok from higher up... or look heavy handed

It's been said a few times by the Admin this forum is self moderated..it maybe better to just let the childish insults slide off your back a little bit... quack!
(you know like a duck)

Don't let these fuckers get to ya..
Just tell 'em fuck em and move on ,miss_s
thats all I can really suggest

Sinner 26-08-07 09:28 AM

:B: :B: :B: Baby want her bottle?:B: :B: :B:

zombywoof 26-08-07 07:35 PM

Does Al Gore still fly in private jets to his rallys or has he switched to horse and buggys.

albed 27-08-07 08:45 AM

Poor floydian.:dis:

zombywoof 27-08-07 11:17 PM

û

miss_silver 28-08-07 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multi (Post 257755)
I think this might be blowing up out of proportion a little... in the Admin's defence I don't think they have been here more than once or twice over the last few months

The moderators that are here could do a bit more , but probably don't want to without getting an ok from higher up... or look heavy handed

It's been said a few times by the Admin this forum is self moderated..it maybe better to just let the childish insults slide off your back a little bit... quack!
(you know like a duck)

Don't let these fuckers get to ya..
Just tell 'em fuck em and move on ,miss_s
thats all I can really suggest

I know what you mean Multi but enough is enough...

Don't mind an extra 30$ to 60$ long distant call on my phone bill, was patient enough with the little shit thinking the ADMIN'S would do something about it.

Since they will not do anything about it, need his IP and to report him to his ISP. Will not take his shit anymore Multi.

Not blowing it out of proportion, just truly fed up. After a year of being stalk, of being denigrated because of where I live, what language I speak and being called freely a whore... get my drift. I can fight back and I will.

Sick and tired of this shit!

Drakonix 29-08-07 12:32 AM

You might want to consult with an attorney before you get yourself in legal trouble.

albed 31-08-07 06:45 AM

What's wrong with whores? Oldest profession in the world really. I think someone even called me one recently. :uu:

multi 31-08-07 08:02 PM

I don't know why...
you really are nothing but a bitch

multi 03-09-07 09:01 PM

Future ice ages may be delayed by up to half a million years by our burning of fossil fuels, according to a new study released by researchers lead by Dr. Toby Tyrell at the University of South Hampton.

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/?p=251

Mazer 03-09-07 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multi (Post 257854)
Future ice ages may be delayed by up to half a million years by our burning of fossil fuels, according to a new study released by researchers lead by Dr. Toby Tyrell at the University of South Hampton.

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/?p=251

Good news for farmers in the future.

jcmd62 06-09-07 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_silver (Post 257750)
If the Admin doesn't comply, i'll go to the server that is hosting this site and tell that the admin allows this shit to go on,

Gazdet, I will not take this shit anymore, your call is next...

OOOOooo! I bet Gaz is just shakin in his boots! lol

And you wonder why people call you a Quebec residing french speaking whore.

multi 06-09-07 09:47 PM

:EA:

Looks like we have been blessed with JC's yearly visit again...
rub a little salt into peoples wounds whenever possible ,eh?

I get the feeling maybe she won't be back to read it... anyway

nice one all of you for picking on her till she goes.. most of you knowing full well she left this place for more than a few years because of whatever ... you knew being just fucking mean enough for long enough,would do the trick
:tu:
:sarc:

vernarial 06-09-07 09:51 PM

I have noticed a few ass holes on these forums. Some people are just plain mean for no good reason.

jcmd62 07-09-07 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multi (Post 257903)

I didn't have any paint to watch dry.

Dawn 07-09-07 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_silver (Post 257800)
I know what you mean Multi but enough is enough...

Don't mind an extra 30$ to 60$ long distant call on my phone bill, was patient enough with the little shit thinking the ADMIN'S would do something about it.

Since they will not do anything about it, need his IP and to report him to his ISP. Will not take his shit anymore Multi.

Not blowing it out of proportion, just truly fed up. After a year of being stalk, of being denigrated because of where I live, what language I speak and being called freely a whore... get my drift. I can fight back and I will.

Sick and tired of this shit!

I don't know much about what's going on because I don't keep up with the posts (earring business is taking off... yay). But I am curious... is Nic following you around online and threatening you on other sites? Or calling you on the phone? Because IMO if the ordeal is on p2p-zone only, you might find you'll be told to simply not come to this site anymore as opposed to filing some sort of complaint.

Please don't get mad at me asking but I think it's an important fact here. Are there more facts I don't know?

p.s. Hi JC

albed 07-09-07 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multi (Post 257903)

I get the feeling maybe she won't be back to read it... anyway

nice one all of you for picking on her till she goes.. most of you knowing full well she left this place for more than a few years because of whatever ... you knew being just fucking mean enough for long enough,would do the trick
:tu:
:sarc:

No I didn't. Why didn't you tell us this sooner dammit! I could've saved a lot of time scrolling past her stupid bullshit.

But I think it's mostly your fault for not telling her to quit being such a stupid, hateful bitch.

I'll let it go this time. :no:

multi 08-09-07 05:49 AM

I hope she hasn't gone, again .... I am only speculating, don't let me disappoint you. Hardly stupid or hateful ,she has more integrity in her little finger than you have in your whole body...

albed 07-10-07 02:33 PM

Ouch, 85*+ last two days spent roofing dammit. I'll try swimming one more time tomorrow. Kind of love it, but wow!

Been hopping climate links in wikipedia from "holocene" to wherever and climate history is very interesting. Still not as warm as historically but more than in my lifetime. Can't complain too much; heating bills will drop for me and my friends and nobody will miss shoveling snow. New climatic era apparently. Cry and whine you bawlbabies.

Mazer 07-10-07 08:50 PM

Lucky you. The new store I work at up in the mountains got snowed on today. I guess we can't all enjoy global warming all the time.

albed 08-10-07 05:08 PM

Snorkeled in the river-October 8 2007. Water temp 76*, air 84*, seasonal average high ~60*. The fish remembered me and swam right up but I forgot their hotdogs. I'd camp out again but 12 hour nights get boring.

Summer in the fall.

multi 11-10-07 08:34 PM

Quote:

"Nature is fragile, environmentalists often tell us. But the lesson of this book is that that it is not so. The truth is far more worrying. She is strong and packs a serious counter-punch. Global warming will very probably unleash unstoppable planetary forces. And they will not be gradual. The history of our planet's climate shows that it does not do gradual change. Under pressure, whether from sunspots or orbital wobbles or the depredations of humans, it lurches - virtually overnight."
The data testing key parts of the global warming consensus are now available.

The consensus of climate experts were wrong. Absolutely, verifiably wrong. The computer models were wrong. They simply do not match reality.

The above graph compares predictions made by the IPCC (pretty much the consensus) to reality (black line).

You can see the predictions don't match reality very well.

The reality is much, MUCH worse than the scientific consensus predicted. The arctic ice cap is melting decades faster than expected. DECADES.

The "skeptics" implied there are only two possibilities: either the scientific consensus is right, or global warming is not as bad as the scientists think.

Nature had other ideas, as She often does. In this critical area, global warming is happening far faster, and with far more severity, than most scientists had predicted. ...More

albed 12-10-07 04:17 AM

Now why would "skeptics" think the "scientific consensus" was right? They wouldn't exactly be skeptics then would they?

Retards telling retards what to think.

I suppose they already said that what happens in a region encompassing a small percentage of the earth's surface is "global".

Mazer 12-10-07 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multi (Post 258496)
You can see the predictions don't match reality very well.

The reality is much, MUCH worse than the scientific consensus predicted.

No, the reality is simply more dramatic than predicted. The data doesn't support the kind of qualitative reasoning being used here. Environmentalists aren't lamenting global warming because they think arctic sea ice and glaciers are good, it's because they think change is bad.

Change isn't bad, not on its own, and it should not be feared.

All this really means is that our collective ability to predict the future is for shit.

Nicobie 14-10-07 07:38 PM

All this really means is that our collective ability to predict the future is for shit.

YEP :beer:

albed 15-10-07 06:41 PM

9 Inconvenient Lies

A british school official objected to the indoctrination of students with classroom showings of An Inconvenient Truth and took the matter to court. A judge allowed the showings but found 9 significant "errors" in the facts that must be disclosed before each showing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/7037671.stm

Mr Gore's assertion that a sea-level rise of up to 20 feet would be in the near future.

Mr Gore's assertion that the disappearance of snow on Mount Kilimanjaro in East Africa was expressly attributable to global warming.

Mr Gore's reference that polar bears had actually drowned swimming long distances to find the ice when they were known to have been drowned by a storm.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2633838.ece

A claim that atolls in the Pacific had already been evacuated was supported by “no evidence”, while to suggest that two graphs showing carbon dioxide levels and temperatures over the last 650,000 years were an “exact fit” overstated the case.

Mr Gore’s suggestion that the Gulf Stream, that warms up the Atlantic ocean, would shut down was contradicted by the International Panel on Climate Change’s assessment that it was “very unlikely” to happen.

The drying of Lake Chad, the loss of Mount Kilimanjaro’s snows and Hurricane Katrina were all blamed by Mr Gore on climate change but the judge said the scientific community had been unable to find evidence to prove there was a direct link.

The drying of Lake Chad, the judge said, was “far more likely to result from other factors, such as population increase and overgrazing, and regional climate variability”. Similarly, the judge took issue with the former Vice-President of the United States for attributing coral bleaching to climate change. Separating the direct impacts of climate change and other factors was difficult, the judgment concluded

multi 15-10-07 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazer (Post 258512)
Environmentalists aren't lamenting global warming because they think arctic sea ice and glaciers are good, it's because they think change is bad.

Change isn't bad, not on its own, and it should not be feared..

for what it is worth.. the 'environmentalists' are pushing for a change in our output of pollutants that are helping to drive this climate change ...its the big corporations that invest millions into reinforcing the idea that it was all going to happen anyway that want to avoid change in our usage and consumption of fossil fuels ,plastics...etc

Mazer 15-10-07 11:22 PM

Change isn't necessarily inconvenient, multi, but environmentalists base their claims on the assumption that it is. By avoiding discussions on the positive effects of climate change they get away with telling us that we must bear minor changes to our lifestyles to avert major changes to our climate. They fear the changes they have no direct control over, multi, and they're reacting out of that fear. They do so by forcing change, by taking control. To say the least, it's a stupid way of handling this situation.

albed 16-10-07 02:44 AM

I think you have it backwards Mazer; the environmental movement has long been attempting to grab power by grossly exaggerating environmental causes and they finally found one that resonates with the ignorant majority. Their leaders personal disreguard for their proclaimed beliefs demonstrates that even they don't buy into the bullshit but are simply using the rhetoric to gain political support from the frightened simpletons.

People like multi are eager recruits because they already envy people who are successful enough to actually burn fossil fuels and they enjoy having a weapon against them, and of course they're completely ignorant of scientific principals.

multi 17-10-07 07:45 PM

your anal presumptions are laughably wrong as usual, there is a whole spectrum of 'scientific principals' outside your pathetic egotistical mindset.

I envy 'people who are successful' ?
get a fucking clue you moron..

multi 19-10-07 11:04 AM

the "World Energy and Population" model

Quote:

It is what it is, and neither Mother Nature nor the Laws of Physics are open to negotiation.
http://www.paulchefurka.ca/WEAP/WEAP.html

Quote:

In any event, if the conclusions of this model are anywhere close to correct all these arguments are moot. Energy constraints will trigger a reduction in population starting within 20 years, and the impact of those constraints will far exceed anything that such humanitarian measures could accomplish. In fact, if the model is correct, there will be no ongoing overpopulation problem at all, as natural processes intervene to bring our numbers back in line with our resource base.

This leaves the question of what such a population decline would look and feel like. The details of such a profound experience are impossible to predict, but it's safe to say it will be catastrophic far beyond anything humanity has experienced. The loss of life alone beggars belief. In the most serious part of the decline, during the two or three decades spanning the middle of this century, even with a net birth rate of zero we might expect death rates between 100 million and 150 million per year. To put this in perspective, World War II caused 10 million excess deaths per year, and lasted a scant 6 years. This could be 50 times worse. Of course, a raw statement of excess deaths doesn't speak to the risk this will pose to the fabric of civilization itself.

albed 19-10-07 04:24 PM

Oh no! Quick multi, start running around in circles and shrieking hysterically.

Even though predictions of global catastrophe have been circulating for centuries there's never a shortage of gullible fools to believe them.

I'll bet multi was around when "The Population Bomb" came out, though he's probably long since forgotten about it.

multi 19-10-07 10:55 PM

oh yeh... sure
ZPG and future shock too..

what of it?

There also is never a shortage of gullible fools to promote world wide conflict to keep the endless loop of fossil fuels driving the worlds economy...

so.. even if global warming can't be stopped/it's not the fault of human industrialization / it is actually preventing the onset of another ice age... "Not actually linked to regional events." ...etc,etc

how about still getting rid of all the oil burning crap so we can all walk down the street and breathe again... you know
breathe
air?

how about quadrupling the penalties for huge filthy rich corporations that pollute the oceans and water tables with chemicals...

of course not...to change these things would mean legitimizing some concern for future generations on this planet and that to change these things ...well, it would seem is not rational or logical... being based on a few hysterical rantings of a few supposed scientists and researchers. Much more rational is to advocate the continuation any ongoing wars for oil and continued dependence on all things dug out of the ground.

albed 20-10-07 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multi (Post 258594)
There also is never a shortage of gullible fools to promote world wide conflict to keep the endless loop of fossil fuels driving the worlds economy...

Hmmm, so you think fossil fuels are an "endless loop" while most people think they're finite consumables. Who could be right?

Quote:

how about still getting rid of all the oil burning crap so we can all walk down the street and breathe again... you know
breathe
air?

So you can't breathe air where you live. Boy you'd think the media would have run this news to death. But maybe it's all in your fucked up mind. What could it be, what could it be....I'll go with the fucked up mind. Or maybe you're just simply lying to make your point like so many people do nowdays like Al Gore.

Quote:

how about quadrupling the penalties for huge filthy rich corporations that pollute the oceans and water tables with chemicals...

If your capacity for learning wasn't so severly impaired you'd have learned that corporations are owned by stockholders, most of whom aren't that rich, and are made up of employees, most of whom aren't that rich, and of course you'd learn that penalties just get passed on to customers. So many things you'll never learn because you just don't have that ability.

Quote:

of course not...to change these things would mean legitimizing some concern for future generations on this planet and that to change these things ...well, it would seem is not rational or logical... being based on a few hysterical rantings of a few supposed scientists and researchers. Much more rational is to advocate the continuation any ongoing wars for oil and continued dependence on all things dug out of the ground.

Well my country has become much less polluted over the last forty years as well as much wealthier and I assume yours has too, though I wouldn't expect you to know anything like that, so "future generations" will do fine based on facts and reason instead of lies and stupidity. But feel free to kill your offspring to spare them the horrible future you think awaits and we'll all be even better off then.

multi 20-10-07 09:49 AM

why don't you kill your fucked up whore of a mother for giving birth to fucking scumbag like you ... idiot :D

albed 20-10-07 02:28 PM

My mother gave birth to a productive citizen, not a burdensome parasite who spends his life fantasizing about successful, productive people being reduced to miserable failures like he's become. It's pathetic the way you hunt up every crackpot site on the web to read that everyone else in the world will soon be as miserable as you've made yourself instead of going out and working to better your own life. You're just a self-indulgent failure multi, living off the labor of the people you despise with noone to force you to face reality and either do something productive or starve. Maybe that's why you hate them, because they won't kick your lazy ass out of the miserable pit you're stuck in and make you face the struggles and experience the satisfaction of supporting yourself.

multi 20-10-07 08:45 PM

wow .. you sure know alot about me, how do you do it ?

prey tell..
what miserable pit am I stuck in ?
and how is it keeping me from supporting myself ?

you can speculate about how I live all you like fucknuts...

you on the other hand are the epitome of a sucky little mommies boy.. Sad for you that you have picked up all her arrogance and perceived superiority but thats the way it goes when you never really had a mind of your own. Of course you think I hate productive people because you pretend you are successful and come in here daily and play out the utterly stuck-up c**t... like a true self-indulgent failure would, you might think you are being clever ,constantly flipping them off with your superior intelligence ... but you even come across as a failure at trying to do that but it's a laugh ,keep it up

Ramona_A_Stone 21-10-07 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albed
My mother gave birth to a productive citizen...

Quote:

Originally Posted by albed
fuck if mom tells me to kill one of them I'll do it...maybe all of them.

:bcow:

multi 22-10-07 03:06 AM

Quote:

Britain's oil production peaked in 1999 and has already dropped by half to about 1.6 million barrels a day.

The report presents a bleak view of the future unless a radically different approach is adopted. It quotes the British energy economist David Fleming as saying: "Anticipated supply shortages could lead easily to disturbing scenes of mass unrest as witnessed in Burma this month. For government, industry and the wider public, just muddling through is not an option any more as this situation could spin out of control and turn into a complete meltdown of society."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/oil/story/...d=networkfront

albed 22-10-07 03:19 PM

Yeah, before oil was discovered life on earth was one continuous riot just like in Burma where the government murdered hundreds of it's people for wanting freedom...I mean oil. Yeah just like Burma. All the time.

multi 23-10-07 06:18 AM

that ofcourse makes no bloody sense at all

Quote:

The tenuous economic position of most Burmese families has made fuel a trigger issue. The current unrest dates back to August 15, when the military junta increased the official price of fuel without warning — compressed natural gas increased 500 per cent, diesel doubled and petrol rose 67 per cent — leading to protests by pro-democracy activists.

When they were arrested the monks took over — at first, calling for relief for the people from economic hardship, only later for greater democratic freedoms.

The taxi driver who queues each day in Rangoon has a receipt book that allows him two gallons a day (60 gallons — 227 litres — a month); in Mandalay, the next biggest city, the quota is smaller, only six gallons a week. A government official gets a three gallon per day quota. At the military depot, the Rangoon regional commander gets more than he needs — a quota of 90,000 gallons a month.

"Regional commanders get rich because they sell their quotas," said a Rangoon-based economic analyst. "They have their own fuel reserves, but they get 90,000 gallons a month, and at least 50 per cent of that is sold on the black market."

They would share the profits with their senior commanders, he said.

Burma has significant natural gas resources but it imports all its petrol and diesel.

And while the military reaps rich profits from selling their quotas on the black market, the Ministry of Energy subsidises the price of petrol — and manages to lose money on each transaction.

This is because the ministry buys fuel internationally in US dollars but sells in the local currency, the kyat. The problem for the ministry is it cannot then use the internationally worthless kyat to buy the next round of fuel, so is forced to buy US dollars on the black market in Burma at inflated prices.
...More

Drakonix 23-10-07 01:42 PM

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

Democratic rule ended in 1962 when General Ne Win led a military coup d'état. He ruled for nearly 26 years and pursued policies under the rubric of the Burmese Way to Socialism. In 1974, the military violently suppressed anti-government protests at the funeral of U Thant.

In 1988, unrest over economic mismanagement and political oppression by the government led to widespread pro-democracy demonstrations throughout the country known as the 8888 Uprising. Security forces committed the massacre of hundreds of demonstrators, and General Saw Maung staged a coup d'état and formed the State Law and Order Restoration Council (SLORC). In 1989, SLORC declared martial law after widespread protests. The military government finalized plans for People’s Assembly elections on 31 May 1989.[25]
These are excellent examples of socialism in practice and they illustrate how it does not work.

naz 23-10-07 09:25 PM

global warming is a myth. In fact, if you take the temps since human created carbon was introduced, graph it and turn it upside down, it's actually been getting colder. think about it ...

albed 24-10-07 02:36 PM

But if you stand on your head it starts warming again. Strange isn't it?

If you don't know how to spell "dioxide" here you are.

And if you don't want to be completely ignorant about fossil fuels here's a brief pointer: they were once carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Yep.