P2P-Zone

P2P-Zone (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/index.php)
-   Peer to Peer (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   sig2dat 3.7.a - open source - supports quicklinks (http://www.p2p-zone.com/underground/showthread.php?t=10693)

twinspan 26-04-02 02:55 AM

Hi indy,

how about a short demo at the VLAIBB site on how to create quicklinks?

(PS I don't know how to create that upright character on my keyboard, either I get ` or ¬ . I had to copy and paste the upright from posts here to try and create my own quicklink. Let's see if it works...

Enemy at the Gates (DVD rip - Divx - Widescreen)

EDIT: added upright to quicklink (after //)

indiana_jones 26-04-02 06:41 AM

@twinspan:
1. There has to be a | after the sig2dat://| .... - its a very important delimiter.

sig2dat://|File:Enemy at the Gates.avi|Length: 735340544Bytes,718106KB|UUHash: =JUFSo7HYERuwC1lnXmkq/ygJTNc=

2. since i have a german keyboard unfortunately i do not know how to make a | on an american keyboard.

but maybe others can help

(but anyway i ask you to edit your post and insert this | after sig2dat:// then your quicklink will work perfectly)

indy

twinspan 26-04-02 07:01 AM

Thanks for the tip Indy, post here & in FTC edited accordingly.

BTW I have a UK laptop keyboard, if anyone knows how to make the | character with one of those, much appreciated. It's actually shown on one of the keys (top left) but all I get is ` or ¬ (the other 2 characters shown on that key). or ¦ if I press ctrl + alt |

scratch that. Dell bloody mismarked the keys :m: ||||| heeeheee I can do it now.

indiana_jones 26-04-02 09:11 AM

:beer::tu:

BuzzB2K 26-04-02 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by twinspan
scratch that. Dell bloody mismarked the keys :m: ||||| heeeheee I can do it now.

You got a Dell dude :tu:

Stoepsel 26-04-02 04:59 PM

Indy, another feature request to ponder about

Hi Indy,

I was using sig2dat again to calculate signatures. What I would find very useful is, if dragging&dropping files from the Windows Explorer (or whatever other file manager you like to use that supports drag&drop) into the Calculate Signature screen would calculate the signatures, just as if you would select them via the Select Files For Calculation button. Preferrably, you would be able to drag&drop multiple files at once or even a complete directory.

The reason I would find that useful is, that I usually calculate hashes for files scattered among many folders. And using the drag&drop technique would prove a big help, because it would allow the user to have sig2dat and the Explorer side by side and just let the desired files fall into the calculation screen.

I know this could prove to be a bigger effort than some of the other things suggested before. But maybe you'll enjoy the chance to try out new things and learn more about the Windows API.

I'll personally read up on drag&drop to see, if I can't be a bit of help in this. Haven't done drag&drop myself yet.

Stoepsel

indiana_jones 26-04-02 11:35 PM

hi stoepsel
at the moment i use drag & drop to read files, which contain multiple hash strings. i had to look how to practically distinguish between usage and calculation of signature.

but for now i am off on weekend for a while - just pausing thinking :)

indy